Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chasing Fire Chapter 9 - Let The Flames Begin



Chapter 9 ~ Let The Flames Begin (Edwards POV)

What a shame we all became, such fragile broken things,
A memory remains, Just a tiny spark,
I give it all my oxygen, to let the flames begin,
So let the flames begin,

Ohhhh Glory.... Ohh Glory!

This is, how we'll dance when,
when they try to take us down,
This is what we'll be ohh glory.

Somewhere weakness is our strength,
And i'll die searching for it,
I can't let myself regret, such selfishness,
My pain I know the trouble caused, no matter how long,
I believe that there's hope,

buried beneath it all, and,
hiding beneath it all and,
growing beneath it all and...

This is, how we'll dance when,
when they try to take us down,
This is how we'll sing out...
This is, how we'll stand when,
when they burn our houses down,
This is what we'll be Oh Glory!

Reaching as I sink down into life.
Reaching as I sink down into life.

This is, how we dance when,
when they try to take us down,
This is how we'll sing out.
This is, how we'll stand when,
when they burn our houses down,
This is what we'll be Oh Glory!

Let the Flames Begin (Paramore)



I can’t believe I let myself fall for her. The thought ran through my head like it was on replay over and over again, as I stood here in the middle of the empty living room. A living room that had been filled with all her stuff, but was empty now.

She had packed and left just as fast as she came into my life. I had no real clue as to how she actually felt about me. I knew how I felt about her and I was falling for her hard. I hadn’t even been looking for someone really, I was still haunted by my past with Lindz, but Bella had taken that away with just being here.

I now had a decision to make…sell the house, rent it out again, or just keep it. I couldn’t make up my mind on what I wanted to do with it. I knew I wasn’t moving back in, I definitely couldn’t do that now. In the beginning I moved because everything reminded me of Lindz now everything reminded me of Lindz and Bella. A total double whammy of emotions in one place.

Still standing in the middle of the room, taking one last look around, I turned around and walked out of the house locking it up and walking away. Heading to my truck I realized what time it was.

“Shit, I’m going to be late.”



Jumping into my truck I rushed to the fire house for my shift, luckily I pulled in just in time for my shift. Esme would have kicked my ass if I was late again. I tried to make it past her office without her seeing me but that didn’t happen.

“Cutting it close, Mr. Cullen,” she said looking out her door and smirking at me.

“Yes, Chief, but I made it.”

I walked past her office and toward my bunk to put my stuff down for my twenty four hour shift. As soon as I walked into the room of course Jasper and Emmett were staring at me.

“What?”

“Almost late again?” They both laughed. Rolling my eyes at both of them I set my stuff down and walked back down to the kitchen to get a bite to eat real fast before we started truck maintenance.

Cooking myself an egg and putting it on two pieces of bread, they both come down the stairs and yelled for me to get my ass in there to get the trucks running. Shoving the sandwich down my throat practically, I ran into the room and started the ladder truck, pulling it outside and started the checks we did on a daily basis.

Maintenance took about two hours of our day every single shift. It was simple really, check the lights and siren to make sure they both worked properly, check the oil and all that jazz, check all the gear on the trucks, and I mean all the gear. Everything had to be inspected and the jaws even had to be started to check it. We couldn’t roll up to a scene and have that not work.

After maintenance was over and done with, we ate lunch, watched some TV and even played a game of pool. It was a very slow day, no calls at all. Nothing. I hated days like this, it was boring really. Just sitting there waiting for a call.

“So what are you going to do with the house?” Emmett asked not really paying attention to me as he watched a DVR showing of a football game from last night.

“ I haven’t made up my mind really. I’m not moving back in and I’m not sure if I want another renter right now. So I’m actually thinking about just letting it be for right now.”

“Hmm… give it some time to just chill, huh?” he asked.

Rolling my eyes at him and getting up from my chair I headed up to the bunks to take a nap for a bit. But as soon as I hit the top step the tones went off and I was running back down the stairs to my gear and jumping into the truck.


****


Pulling back into the fire house seven hours later, we all were dragging, sluggish and tired as hell. The adrenaline was wearing off, but we couldn’t just climb the stairs and go to bed. We had work to do-changing out hoses, cleaning our gear, checking the trucks. It took another hour, maybe two, to do all that, then we all climbed the stairs and crashed into our beds not waking up until the next alarm went off. But this alarm wasn’t the tones going off, it was the alarm clock waking us up.

Five more hours then I would be heading home. I got up out of bed, dressing quickly, and started downstairs towards the kitchen.

Aiming straight to the coffee pot I spotted the chief sitting at the table, smiling at me, and I walked over to talk to her.

“How are you?” she asked before I could even sit down.

Slowly sitting down I could see she was asking as my mom and not the chief. So I let it all out. Told her about Bella leaving, about how I felt about the house, everything. She just sat there and listened just like Esme always did.

“Edward, I think you should do what you think is best for you,” was all she said though. She got up with a smile and walked away, leaving me there stunned, sitting there with my coffee wondering what had just happened. That wasn’t like Esme, usually she would tell me what she thought I should do.

Shaking my head I got up from the table putting my coffee cup in the sink and headed out to get Emmett and Jasper up for the day. But I didn’t have to, the tones went off as soon as I hit the first step. I swear these steps are cursed.

Running over to my gear and putting it on I listened to the call as everyone else came running down the stairs. Newton’s Sporting Goods was on fire.

“Let it burn!” Emmett yelled, I couldn’t help but laugh. We all couldn’t stand Mike Newton, the preppy boy who tried to be better than everyone else in town but failed miserably.

Laughing, I got into the passenger side of the ladder truck as Emmett and Jasper got in. Esme settled into the driver’s side and started the truck pulling out quickly. Two other trucks pulled out behind us.


****


By the time we got back our shift had been over for four hours. We got our stuff and all of us headed to our homes.

Pulling into my spot at my apartment, Emmett right behind me, I was so glad to be back at my place. I needed sleep and pronto. I got out of my truck and Emmett and I walked towards our mailboxes. Opening mine up I see a bunch of junk mail and grab it all, heading up to my apartment. I pushed through my door and threw the mail on the coffee table without a second glance, my focus on my bedroom, anxious to get some sleep.


****

The next morning, waking up to my alarm, I didn’t even hit the snooze button once. I was fully rested. Finally. Hauling myself out of bed, I decided to take a quick shower. It doesn’t take long for my hand to be on my cock and my moving on its own accord as images of Bella surface in my head. It’s been a while since I had done this but it felt so good. Relaxing my head on the cold title of the shower my hand sped up as I squeezed a bit tighter. The pictures of her in my arms, her looking at me speed up as my hand goes faster and faster. Finally sweet release comes as I cum all down the wall of my shower.

Getting out of the shower and wrapping the towel around my waist I head out of the bathroom and into my kitchen for a cup of coffee. Pouring a cup, I lean against my counter as I take a few drinks slowly, gazing over my open space apartment and notice yesterdays mail sitting on my coffee table. Walking over there I sat down on my couch and slowly start to rummage through the junk mail. An ad for Meijer’s, one for Kroger, one for Wal-Mart, but the next piece of mail wasn’t junk mail. It was a white envelope addressed to one Edward Cullen. I could recognize that hand writing anywhere.

A letter from Lindz, on a day like this. Just what I needed. I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to open the letter. It could be a letter saying the same shit. I don’t know you, I’m not coming back, that kind of stuff. But it was like I was drawn to heartbreak. So I opened it and read it slowly so I could understand what I was reading. Shockingly it wasn’t full of heartbreak. No, it was a happy letter for once.

Dear Edward,

Hey you, I’m writing to tell you I’m coming back. No don’t jump to conclusions I don’t have my memory back…yet. But I’m drawn to you, it’s like I know where I belong. So I’m coming back to see where it takes me. Is that okay with you?

I hope you are doing okay? I know I haven’t written in a while, but I’ve been so busy with stupid shit they keep trying to get me to try. Stuff that isn’t working at all.

I guess I’ll talk to you soon, unless you write me back and tell me not to come. And if you do I would understand.

Hope you are well,
Lindsay.


I was shocked, she was coming home if I said it was okay. I wasn’t sure how I felt, if I actually wanted her to come back. I mean, what if she never got her memory back? But what if she did. I would have my Lindz back. What about Bella though. I was so confused, I had no clue what way was up and which was down.

Laying the letter back down on my table I got up and headed to my room to get dressed for the day.


****


I didn’t touch the letter again for days, but it sat on that table, taunting me. Wanting and begging to be read and answered. Several days went by and I was working my shift with Emmett and Jasper again. Heading out of my apartment my eyes fell on the letter again before I left. Shaking my head I shut and locked my door and went down the stairs and out to my truck.

I couldn’t put it off much longer and I knew it. She needed and wanted an answer and I really needed to give her what she needed. I would write her after I got done with my shift I had promised myself.

Getting to the fire house I got out of my truck and went inside, ready for my day to start. Like I always did, normal routine straight to the bunks to put my stuff away then back down. But when I got done putting my stuff up, Emmett was standing in the door way.

“Hey, we have to go to the store, they left us with no food in this place and you know that is so not going to work with us here.”

Laughing at his expression as he said the words telling me there was no food for him to eat. I walked around him and down the stairs and grabbed my gear and got into the truck, waiting for them to come on so we could go to the store. It didn’t take too long and Emmett was already rambling off the list of things he wanted to get.

I rolled my eyes at him as he pulled out of the firehouse and to the store.

After parking the truck, we all hopped out and headed into the store. Each of us grabbing a cart, we started filling them up. Jasper had written down a list of things that my mom had asked for, a very short and healthy list. What we were putting in our carts was far from healthy.

Reaching the frozen food aisle, we walked down and started opening the doors throwing stuff in our cart, that’s when I heard her voice.

“Edward.”

Turning around I felt her before I saw her. Lindz was in my arms before I could even say her name, the smell of her perfume permeating all around me, surrounding me making me smile.

“Lindz, I can’t believe you’re here,” I said as I slowly put her down.

“ Well, here I am, sorry I just couldn’t wait for you to write me back I just jumped in my car and headed this way. I hope you don’t mind.”

“ Why would I mind,” I told her. But when I looked back up I saw someone else staring at me with the saddest brown eyes I had ever seen.

I watched as she turned around and walked away. Moving Lindz aside I ran after her yelling her name.

“Bella….Wait!”



Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Please let me know what you think:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More