Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Unbreakable Bond Chapter 17 - Italy








Chapter 17 ~ Italy

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.
- Margaret Mitchell


It wasn’t who I expected it to be…

I expected it to be a complete stranger…

It wasn’t the one I truly wanted to be there. It wasn’t Liam, the one I dreamed of the night before surprising me on the plane and coming with me, no it wasn’t him. It wasn’t Carolyn either, that would have been a blast.

No it wasn’t either of them; it was Taylor.

He smiled at me. Plastering a fake smile on my face back at him, I asked him what in the world he was fucking doing here, but I put it in nicer words.

“Taylor, what are you doing here?”

“I thought it would be a nice surprise if we could go to Italy together, you know, spend some alone time, just you and me.”

He buckled in with me seething in the seat next to him. No, he didn’t want me to go to Italy and forget about him or meet up with Liam or something. I could see it in his face that he was lying through his teeth.

I didn’t say anything though, just like before I was playing my part, dying inside. Taking my cell out again just to look at the text one more time, I knew it would make me think of him for the rest of the flight and of course it did.

Alex, I wrote this for you, I hope you like it. Its how I feel right now.

"TRAGADY"

Day after Day
Time after Time
I lay in the dark
Knowing she was mine
My heart is broken
My soul is gone
Remembering the times
When we got along
I sit there crying
To a sad sad song
As the days go on




I read it one more time thinking to myself how much we both feel that way. I quickly put it away, that way Taylor didn’t see it and get angry. I really didn’t want to see his temper on a plane, in front of all these strangers.

This was going to be a long flight and to have him mad the entire time would be devastating, so the thirteen hour or more flight needed to be peaceful. I had planned to read and relax on the way there so I would be ready to go straight to the hotel and go straight to bed, get up in the morning and go to Colosseum and St. Peter’s. The hotel and all the different sight-seeing itinerary was already taken care of by my mom. She had all six months planned out for me. Of course I had my free days to go out and do what ever I wanted, but she had already booked everything.

I had no idea how Taylor was going to be able to keep up or if he was going to even try, I was hoping he wouldn’t. I would have a week in each of the main cities I wanted to go, Verona, Florence, Rome, Milan, Tuscany, Napples, and Sicily. I was so excited, even having Taylor with me wouldn’t take that away from me completely. I was dying inside with want to see where Juliet lived, I loved the whole tragic love story of Juliet and her Romeo.

The thirteen and a half hour flight wasn’t as bad as I had expected. Taylor and I talked about the plans for the time in Italy, somehow he knew all the details already. I shrugged it off to think about later and kept telling him where all I wanted to go.

He smiled at me as I was talking animatedly about the house where Juliet lived and how I wanted so badly to see it and how I wanted to spend a whole week in Verona itself, and all the different art museums I wanted to go to. He didn’t even hate the idea of going all of those places with me, which surprised me actually. I figured as a guy, you know, he would hate that, but he didn’t say a thing, just kept smiling at me and listening.

The first city we were to stay in was Rome. As soon as we landed and got our bags there was already a car waiting for us to take us straight to our hotel. Grand Hotel de la Minerve’s was breathtaking to say the least. I had no idea that my mom and dad had booked this kind of accommodations for me. A week in this amazing hotel would spoil me rotten.

I went to the front desk and checked in; the Italian that I had learned in school was coming in handy already. The man at the desk smiled at me as I told him who I was and that I was here to check in for a week. He looked it up on the computer and gave a bellhop my keys and told me to have a nice stay and a nice night.

We followed the bellhop to our suite, yeah that’s right, I said suite. Did I mention this was going to spoil me? The suite had two rooms, a living room, a small little kitchen bar area, and a balcony with a beautiful view.

I looked over at Taylor and back at the rooms, telling him with my eyes that he was to stay in the other room, the master was my room. There was no way I was sleeping in the same room with him.

We both went into our rooms and I headed straight for the bathroom, I was ready to strip down and take a long hot shower, well, that was until I saw the pedestal bathtub in there. I rushed over to it and started the water, getting it nice and hot. Heading out to my room and my bags, I grabbed my pajamas and my toiletries and rushed back in there, the water level was perfect.

I turned off the water and got undressed, getting in slowly, melting into the water. I moaned out softly as I soaked the feeling of the hot liquid into my skin, my muscles un-tightening as I sank deeper into the water.

After the water went cool, I got out and got ready for bed, slipping in between the sheets and the cover. Falling asleep before my head even hit the pillows, I dreamed of Liam that night, of being with him in the woods that night we made love. Feeling him close to me, wanting me, me wanting and needing him, I woke up in tears. I couldn’t take it, I just wanted to hear his voice, but I knew I couldn’t talk to him, so I texted him instead.

Hey I loved the poem
It was so sad
I miss you too…
Hugs


I feel back to sleep after I hit the send button, but he didn’t text me back, I was hoping he would. I woke up and checked my phone right away but nothing. All day that day I checked my phone over and over and nothing…

I tried to enjoy my time seeing the Colosseum, as the tour guide told us all about the arena floor and the cages for the animals. I tried to smile and listen as she told us how the amphitheater was commissioned by Emperor Vespasian in AD 72. Liam had messed with my mood again, but in reality it was my fault, I was letting him mess with me.

I’m the one that texted him when I shouldn’t have. I smiled and made my way through my first day in Rome. When we got back to the hotel, I headed towards my room but Taylor stopped me.

“Alex what’s wrong? You’ve been so weird all day. This is what you wanted to do, you were all excited about this. What happened?”

“Its nothing Taylor, jet lag maybe, I just don’t feel that good. I’m going to head to bed, can you wake me in about an hour so we can go have dinner?”

“Sure, of course I can. Have a good nap, babe.”

With that, I walked into my room and closed the door. Sliding down the door, I cried over what I had lost, what I could have if I still thought he still would have me. I had to let it go though, I had to move past it and I would, I just wanted to take a minute or two to cry over him.



~*~*~*~*~*~

Jerking awake from my terrible dream, I heard a loud banging on the door I was still propped up against. I knew it was Taylor waking me up for dinner. Getting up off the floor and away from the door, I told him that I was up and going to get dressed.

That night at dinner, we both were very quiet, barely even carrying on a conversation at all.

“Taylor, is something wrong?”

“No, not really, I heard you crying in your room. Are you okay, Alex?” I nodded my head with a weak smile and told him I was okay just very tired. When I walked into my room, however, my emotions got the best of me. He actually believed the terrible excuse.

When we got back to the hotel, I went straight to bed and slept with out any dreams that night. I knew my dreamless state wouldn’t last for long and I was right.

The days in Rome were amazing; we traveled all over seeing Vatican city, the Sistine chapel, and so many museums that were amazing, but my nights were filled with dreams of wolves running and getting hurt, of wolves fighting other wolves, of being attacked by a wolf. The only thing constant in every dream was the one wolf, the one wolf that I knew represented Liam. He looked so sad, like he wasn’t himself and deep down I knew why. I woke up screaming into my pillow a lot of those nights in Rome.

Taylor would run into my room and hold me and let me cry it all out into his chest, he was great and sweet taking care of me. We’d sit there in silence, me in his arms crying, him rocking me whispering that it was okay, that I was safe here with him and that he wouldn’t let anything happen to me…ever.

By the second week in Italy we ended up sleeping in the same bed for the rest of time. He was still there for me when I had nightmares and it was pretty much every night so he just started sleeping in the same room as me. It actually was comforting to have him there. When his arms were wrapped around me, hugging me to him all night, it helped make the nightmares easier to handle, and I didn’t have as many either.

As the weeks went by, we got so much closer and saw so many lovely things together.
Vineyards in Tuscany, the Leaning Tower in Florence, Greek ruins and active volcanoes in Sicily, and beautiful churches and museums in each city we went too. We even spent three days and two nights in a Jet set beach resort in Sardinia. It was beautiful there, we stayed right on the beach in Costa Smeralda.

Milan was a blast, shopping and seeing the Gothic Duomo which was beautiful with the crowned spires. We even got to see Leonardo da`Vinci’s Last Supper. I stood there staring at that painting for a good hour. It was so amazing to actually see it, and not just in a picture but the real thing.

We were saving my favorite place to go for last. I was having the time of my life and I was even happy about sharing this time with Taylor.

He was always saying something funny at the stupidest times, making me bust out laughing. Like one time we were in the middle of a tour of the Galleria dell’ Accademia and he just blurted out look at how big that guys dick was, as he pointed to a statue of Michelangelo’s David. I burst out laughing so loud it echoed all the way through the museum. The whole tour stopped to stare at us. I know my face was blood red because Taylor was dying laughing at me.

Our six weeks in Italy flew by so fast, I didn’t even realize it was our last week until we arrived in Verona. As soon as we made it to our hotel and into our room, I was so taken back by how fast it had gone and all the beautiful things I had seen so far.

We didn’t do any sight-seeing the night we arrived, just hung out and watched a movie in the hotel. We hadn’t actually taken the time to relax and the hotel had some nice amenities, so the next day we decided to stay in as well.

That next day I spent in the spa and Taylor spent the day in a sports café watching sports. It was a great day for me, though. I spent the whole day being pampered, got an hour massage, a facial, a manicure and a pedicure, got a seaweed wrap, and I even got my hair done. All in all, a very relaxing day.

I wasn’t even going to think about taking a day to myself. I wanted to get out into Verona and see the sights. This was one of the place I couldn’t wait to go to, but Taylor insisted I take a day and relax, he kept repeating I deserved it over an over again. So I did, I took the whole day and just spent it relaxing. After I got done with my spa day I headed back to the room to see him all dressed up and ready to go to dinner.

Smiling at him I asked him to give me twenty minutes to get dressed. He nodded with a smile and I went into the room to get ready.

After slipping into my red strapless dress and black heels, I pulled my hair up into a slick pony tail, applied some make up, and was ready to go. Stepping out of the room the look on Taylor’s face was priceless, he had a huge smile and his whole face lit up.

That night, dinner was lovely. He took me to an outside restaurant, we had dinner by candlelight. There was music and I could see the stars. He was so sweet that whole night, and after dinner we walked the streets of Verona. It was magical, all I could think about was Romeo and Juliet the entire time we were walking. Taylor led me to the one place I was dying to see, Juliet’s house. It was beautiful, lit up by the stars

I was looking all around me, the house wasn’t open of course, but just standing here by it was amazing to me. I had my back towards Taylor, when I turned around he was down on his knee with a open black box in front of him and a beautiful diamond ring nestled inside of the box.

Looking from the ring to Taylor and back again, he smiled. I felt like I couldn’t breath and he hadn’t even said anything yet.

“Alexandra, I love you more than anything. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I know your going to say that we are too young and that we still have college and everything, but I want to be with you and I love you. Alexandra let me take care of you. Please say yes, please say you will be my wife.”

I had no clue what to say to him, I had decided to move on, yes, and I was going to do that with Taylor, but be married to him? Did I want that? I wasn’t sure….

Looking down at his face, I couldn’t really say no to him. I loved him and he was so sweet to bring me here to propose. I blurted out the words…

“Yes, Taylor, I’ll marry you.” His smile at my words was breath taking.

He slipped the ring out of the box and onto my finger. I stared at it on my finger as he lifted me off the ground and twirled me around. My body slid down his body until my feet were back on the ground, he kissed me with so much passion that I just about forgot how to breathe.

As his lips left mine, I gasped for air. He walked me back to the hotel at a rapid pace, I barely could keep up with his steps, as we made it into our room with the door shut. His loving look turned into deep need. I could see the fire burning in his eyes as he stalked over to me, taking off his shirt and unbuttoning his pants. He slowly unzipped my dress and let it fall to the ground. Pressing me up against the wall, his engorged cock pressing into me, his tongue in my mouth, I moaned out as he slowly entered me.

Picking me up I wrapped my legs around his waist and he carried me over to the bed and made sweet love to me. It was the best sex we had ever had with each other. I didn’t feel forced this time, I didn’t feel like I had to at all. I made love to my fiancĂ© that night.

The next morning I was happier then I had been in a long time. I got up out of our bed and grabbed my cell. I was getting ready to call my mom and tell her, but my phone went off with a text message. Looking down at who it was from, tears welled up in my eyes.

Liam…

Reading his text that mainly just asked how I was and how my trip was, I closed my eyes and wrote a text back to him. It was simple and I knew it would hurt him, it hurt me to send it too him.

Liam, last night Taylor asked me to marry him and I said yes…

That was all I put, but it sure worked fast, because a couple of seconds went by and my cell phone was ringing. Covering it up I walked out onto the terrace and answered it.

“Hello”

“What do you mean you said yes? You told him yes that you would marry him? Alexandra you can’t marry him. You can’t.” He was screaming at me, yelling at me, telling me what I could or couldn’t do. I had enough by then.

“You listen to me Liam and you listen good, you have no right to tell me that I can’t or can do something. I am marrying Taylor, I love him and he loves me. He is here with me in Italy and its amazing. Just leave me alone Liam, let me be happy and you go your way and be happy. I don’t think it’s a good idea if we stay friends. Shit, I have to go, Taylor just woke up, he probably heard me yelling. He doesn’t want…I mean he doesn’t like me talking to you….”


I heard nothing on the other end of the phone so I whispered my last words to him.


“Bye Liam.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More