Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Unbreakable Bond Chapter 4 - Dear God, This Place Sucks (Alex’s POV)







Chapter 4 - Dear God, This Place Sucks (Alex’s POV)


I got to Leah’s mom’s house had dinner and was totally bored out of my mind. This place was so small and out in BFE! I so wanted to be at home with Taylor and Carolyn hanging out. I told my dad and new mom that I was heading out for a walk.

I headed down to where I could hear the ocean; it was pretty here though, even if it was boring. I sat down on the beach of rocks, and watched the sunset. I was just sitting there when I heard a sound coming from the forest, all of the sudden a boy walked out of the trees, but he didn’t really look like a boy. He looked like a man to me, he was beautiful. He had black hair, brown eyes, and oh my god the most beautiful copper skin I had ever seen in my life. I had always thought Leah’s skin was beautiful, but oh my, his was amazing, and the way the sunset hit it took my breath away.

He just stood there staring at me like a dumb ass. Then all of the sudden he smiled at me. He had perfect white teeth; I could see them from where I was sitting. God, could he be anymore perfect? He’s to good to be true. I couldn’t help but smile back. He came over to me with that same smile still across his lips.

“Do you mind if I sit down?” He asked.



“I don’t mind.” I shrugged my shoulders when I said this. He sat down next to me, then turned to look at me again.

“I’ve never seen you around here before, my name is Liam.”

“I’ve never been here before, my name is Alex.”

“Alex, huh? Okay, Alex, if you’ve never been here before, then why are you here now?” Well that was blunt of him, I didn’t even know him.

“Well, my dad is marrying Leah Clearwater, and we came to see her mom Sue and my soon to be Uncle Seth. And before you ask, my name is short for Alexandra.” His smile was back again when I said my name.

“Actually, I wasn’t going to ask, I already figured that. So you’re part of Leah’s family. My dad is Sam and my mom Emily is Leah’s cousin.”

“Nice.” I had never heard of these people before, so I changed the subject. “What in the world do you all do around here for fun?” He laughed and then told me all about cliff diving and all the other stuff they do for fun around here, like going to the movies in Port Angeles .

He asked me how long we were staying and if I wanted to hang out tomorrow. I told him sure, as long as it was okay with Leah and my dad. I’m sure they won’t mind. We sat there and talked for hours, but it only seemed like minutes. He was so easy to talk to, it was like I had known him my whole life. I didn’t want to stop talking to him. He was so sweet too. That’s when we heard Seth calling for me and I realized how late it was.

“Oh man, I didn’t realize how late it was. Leah and my dad are going to kill me.”
I yelled for Seth and he stopped in his tracks when he saw Liam. I saw Liam smile at Seth and shake his head yes. Okay, silent conversations. Weird.

“Liam, Leah and Steve are looking for Alex, would you mind walking her to my house? I have something I have to do,” Seth asked him.

“Sure, if she doesn’t mind,” Liam said.

“Of course I don’t mind.”

That’s when I heard Seth snicker. I wonder what that was about, but when I turned to ask him he had already left. We started to walk to Sue’s house. I knew I would be in trouble. It had started to get a little cold outside and I started shaking a little, I think Liam saw that because he came a little closer to me and put his arm around me. I know my face was totally ten different shades of red right then, but I didn’t care. He saw that too, he smiled at me again and I actually felt my heard skip a beat. I was instantly warm on the inside and the outside. He was so sweet and so cute. But, there was something else about him, he felt like he was running a fever and before I could say anything he started talking again.

“Hey Alex, how old are you?” He asked.

“I’m getting ready to turn eleven, why?”

“You don’t look or act eleven or ten I guess.” I laughed at that. I was used to being told that. Everyone always told me I acted so much older than I am. But I had to, all those years I took care of my dad. It kind of made me grow up fast.

“My dad always told me that I acted about five years older than I am. I guess he’s right. How old are you?”

“Eleven.” Wow, he didn’t look eleven either; he looked about fifteen.

“You don’t look eleven.” He laughed but it didn’t sound like a happy laugh.

“Listen if your family doesn’t care if we hang out tomorrow, I will meet you on the beach around ten. Okay?” I nodded my head at him and smiled. He reached up and ran his hand over my cheek, it felt incredible.

That was the last thing we both said, when I looked around we were already back to Sue’s. He turned to me and kissed me right on the same cheek he had just touched and then he was gone. I stood there for a minute and then went in to see how much trouble I was in.

Leah and my dad looked really worried. There were two other people there. I think they were saying goodbye when I walked in. Leah made me go and get ready for bed.

I woke up the next morning and had breakfast with my new family. It seemed like a warm day, so I asked Leah if I could go back down to the beach. She told me I could and I went and got my bathing suit on and headed down that way. I laid there on the beach for a while and even got a little wet in the water, but I was totally bored. I looked towards the forest and put my shorts back on. I started towards the woods for my walk. The next thing I know, I’m running.

I was running through the woods and all of the sudden I looked over to my left and there it was. A huge black wolf. I stopped running instantly and froze in my tracks. It was weird, I didn’t feel scared…no, I actually felt relieved the wolf was there. Like I felt safe and I have no idea why. The wolf just stared at me and he had beautiful brown eyes and I felt like I knew those eyes from somewhere. I wanted to walk over to the wolf and touch him to make sure it was real. But as I took a step towards him, he took a step backwards. I instantly stopped and told him I wouldn’t hurt him. He just looked at me and it sounded like he laughed. That was weird, do wolves laugh? It felt like I knew him, like there was something happening and he was a person underneath all of that black fur.

I still wanted to touch him, so I took another step towards him. This time he just stood there as I made it all the way up to him. I reached my hand up to touch him and he still didn’t back away from me. He never broke eye contact with me either. When I finally made it to his fur, I went straight to his face. I ran my fingers around his head and his throat. He made this cute sound like a purring cat, but it was throatier. I took his head in my both my hands and stared at his face.

“I know you don’t I?” I asked.

He just stared back at me for a second, and then he turned around and walked back around some nearby trees and all of the sudden a man came from behind them. But it wasn’t just any man. I knew this man, but he looked a lot older than he did now. He stood there by the trees for a second and looked at me.

“Alex, honey wake up!” What in the world was my mom doing out in the woods.
I looked back over at him and he smiled at me and ran away. I tried to follow him but I couldn’t catch him. That’s when I felt someone grab my shoulder and I screamed.

“Alex, Alex, its okay honey, wake up. It’s time for breakfast,” Leah told me.
Wow all of that was just a dream; it felt so real to me. I could still feel his fur on my fingertips. I could still feel all the feelings I felt staring into his brown eyes. Man that was the weirdest dream I have ever had.

I sat up in my bed for a second to think about it. Then I got up and got dressed for the day. I headed down the stairs and I heard Leah talking to Sue about me.

“Mom, Sam’s son. Come on! This is so messed up, how can I live now knowing that she is meant to be with him.”

Meant to be with whom? I thought. Who was she talking about? Was she talking about me? Was I the “she” that she meant? All these crazy questions were floating around in my crazy head. My dad startled me out of my thoughts by pushing me into the kitchen.

“Good morning,” I said as I sat down at the kitchen table to eat. “Hey dad, I was asked to hang out today do you all care if I go with this person?” I was trying to be cryptic but Sue and Seth started laughing. I shot Seth my pissed off look and he stopped.

“Who is this said person?” Leah asked with a smirk on her face.

“His name is Liam,” I said only looking at Leah as she smiled at me. But I was scared to look over at my dad. He hated boys with a passion. I don’t even think he liked Taylor at all, but he did a good job of pretending. “So can I go or not?” I asked looking down at my food.

“Yeah, just make sure you back before sundown,” Leah said with a smile. I looked up at her with a huge smile on my face. Wow, I was actually excited to see Liam; I never got this excited to see Taylor and to tell you the truth he actually got on my nerves.

I hurried up and ate my food, not caring that everyone was watching me. I got up after I was finished and headed back up stairs to make sure I looked okay, and then told Leah and my dad that I would see them later.

I headed down to the beach and sat on a beached tree waiting for him to show up. It didn’t take him too long though. He wasn’t wearing a shirt though and oh my god, he definitely was too good to be true. He looked like one of those statues in a museum. He had amazing muscles like he worked out every day. I just stood there with my mouth
open staring at him. He smiled at me again and came up to me.

“Hey beautiful, how are you this morning?” He asked me.

“Fine and you?” I asked back.

“I’m great now. What do you want to do today?” What in the world did he mean by ‘he’s great now?’ Did he actually mean now that he was here with me? There was no way that was what he meant. I was nothing special. I shook my head a little to clear my thoughts and my crazy head; there was no way he thought about me that way. “What are you thinking about?” He asked. I couldn’t look at him, I was a little embarrassed by my thoughts and there was no way in hell I was going to tell him about them.

“It’s nothing,” I whispered. He put his hand under my chin to lift it up to him, and then he looked me right in the eyes.

“What’s wrong Alexandra?” I loved how my name sounded coming from his mouth. I usually hated my whole name, but it sounded amazing from him.

“Nothing, I’m fine,” I told him with a smile. He just shook his head at me and smiled. It was a beautiful smile, too beautiful. It made my insides go all mushy. There was no way this God could be meant for me, Leah must have been talking about someone else.

“So, you didn’t answer me, what do you want to do today?” He asked again.

“I don’t know what do you want to do?” I asked him with a smile. He smiled back at me again and shook his head at me.

That’s when we heard a noise over by the parking lot, and then we saw them. A group of high school kids where coming this way. I saw Liam roll his eye’s towards them. Then he turned back to me and smiled. He grabbed my hand and helped me on my feet.

“Do you want to just go for a walk for now?” He asked. I eagerly nodded my head and smiled at him.

We went for a walk up the beach and over towards the forest. Because of the dream I didn’t want to go in there, so I told him that I was scared of the forest. He laughed at me, but didn’t push it. He took me up to the store and bought me a soda. We sat there in front of it and drank them. We had spent the whole day together and that wasn’t it.

“Hey Alex a couple of my friends and I are going to the movie’s tonight, do you want to go with us?” He asked me. I smiled at him, I really wanted to go.

“Let me go talk to my mom and dad and I will let you know. Hey I have a idea, why don’t you come back with me to meet them, they might let me if they know you,” I told him. He smiled and nodded his head.

We walked over to my new grandma Sue’s and I led the way in. My mom, Leah, and my dad were sitting on the couch watching TV, talking to a couple of people. It turned out that those people were Liam’s mom and dad. When we walked in I looked over at him and he just smiled at his dad. That’s when Liam spoke up with a smile on his face.

“Hello, I’m Liam. I was wondering if Alex could come out with my friends and me
tonight. We’re going to Port Angeles to see a movie.”

“Well, Liam. I don’t have a problem with that as long as her father doesn’t,” Leah said.
I smiled at her and mouthed the words Thank You to her. She just smiled at me again. My dad on the other hand looked like he couldn’t speak. I saw Leah rub his arm and he looked up at me and I used my pleading eyes that always worked on him. He smiled and reluctantly nodded his head yes to me and to Liam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More