Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

Broken Sun Chapter 23 - What in the world happened to you?





Chapter 23 - What in the world happened to you?



    “Bella, is that you?” he asked.  I could see the shock on his face.

    “Yeah dad it is.”  was all I could say, when I spoke he flinched.  I knew he could hear the difference in my voice and the way I looked, I don’t even know what he was thinking.  I knew Edward did, of course, but he wasn’t showing it.  He was still holding my hand and watching my dad.

    “Bella, what happened to you?”  he asked me.

    “Well, dad I was taken by some people and kept against my will, they drugged me and I couldn’t remember anything.  The drugs they gave me almost killed me and I was taken to a hospital and this was the only way to save me.  I’ve missed you dad.  I’ve missed you so much.”  I wanted to get up and hug him, but I saw so many emotions come across his face within seconds.  Fear…betrayal…..Sadness…….plus there was another emotion there, it looked like happiness.  But I wasn’t sure.

    “Oh, Bella I’m so happy you are back, I missed you so much.  I thought the worst.  Have you seen Jake yet?”



    “Jake, I thought Jake wasn’t around anymore.  I hadn’t talked to him in so long.”  I told him.

“He’s been back since right after you were taken, he’s been searching for you.  Where were you taken?” he asked, I was shocked, Jake had been searching for me?  I couldn’t believe it.

    “No dad, I hadn’t known that.  I don’t know where I was taken, Edward fount me, he rescued me.  I love him so much dad and we are going to go ahead with the wedding.  Will you still walk me down the isle?”

    “Of course I’m going to walk you down the isle.  Oh Bella, I’m so happy.”  he ran over to me and grabbed me in a huge hug.  I had never seen him like this, he was showing a lot of emotions.  Then he turned towards Edward. “Thank you Edward, you don’t know what you saving her means to me.  Where was she?”

“Italy.” was all Edward said to him, he had been all tense since my dad had first spoken about Jacob.  I squeezed his hand and smiled at him.


When my dad hugged me I could feel his heat on my skin, I felt the burn in my throat but it didn’t bother me.  He was my dad and I couldn’t harm him in anyway.  I saw the goose bubs rise on his arms.  I looked at him and smiled, he smiled back and I felt like I couldn’t breath.  I wanted to cry but of course I could only cry those tearless sobs.

    “Italy, Jake was right, I can’t believe I didn’t listen to him.” Charlie was beating himself up, but what did he mean.

    “What are you talking about dad?” I had to ask.

    “Jake, said he seen you in Italy, well he said it was Voltera, Italy.”

    “He saw me, What do you mean he saw me?” I asked.

    “I told you he had been looking for you.  He went everywhere he could go, he said he saw you and he was going to come over to you, but he said you weren’t yourself, I guess he was right about that.”  he looked at me and smiled again.

    “I’m so sorry dad, I didn’t know who anyone was, I didn’t even know who I was.  It was so weird, but I felt like I wasn’t were I was supposed to be.  Then Edward came and fount me and I finally remembered everything.  His family brought me back home.”

    “Bells, where you here the other night?”  he asked, I smiled at him and shook my head yes.

“Yeah, dad I helped you get to your bed.  You even talked to me.”

    “I thought you were just a dream.  I can’t believe this isn’t, I have wished for this to happen every night.  I can’t believe your really home.”  he hugged me again.  I was so happy, I had my dad back.

I looked up at my dad and couldn’t help, but smile.  It was amazing I could have both worlds.  I could still have my dad in my life, if only I still could have my best friend then my life would just be perfect.  There was a knock on the door then and Charlie went to get it.

    “Bella, you have a visitor!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More