Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Unbreakable bond Chapter 5 - Life as I know it, just totally changed (Liam’s POV)








Chapter 5 - Life as I know it, just totally changed (Liam’s POV)



My life up until about a year ago was pretty boring. Noting ever happened in La Push, well I thought nothing ever happened. A year ago though, I found out a lot goes on around here that normal people don’t know about. I found out that I am a shape shifter or a werewolf whatever you want to call it. Right now I was sitting in the forest, on a downed tree, thinking about that exact day; the day that I thought changed my life forever. But, in fact there would be another day that would change my life so much more.

One morning I woke up and was heading down the stairs of my house with my brother right behind me. He was supposed to take me out fishing with his friends that day. He had been acting really strange lately. We used to be really close and then all of the sudden one day he just didn’t have time to spend with me. He was spending most of his time with Seth, Collin, and Brady. He also was spending a lot more time with our dad. I asked my mom about it and she just told me that my brother had become one of the tribe’s protectors and I knew all about them. They protected the tribe from all kinds of dangers.

I wanted so desperately to be one too. It wasn’t fair, how did he become one and not me? I know he was older, but not by much. I was totally pissed off. He kept blowing me off day after day. He broke promise after promise to me. Finally I just gave up and left him alone. Until last night I hadn’t talked to him in about a week.

He came in my room around eight o’clock that night and asked me if I wanted to go fishing with him in the morning. I told him “sure” and even got a little excited about it. It was something we used to do a lot. Until all this protector crap started. He told me we would go right after we got done eating breakfast. Then we heard it-a wolf howling. I was so used to this sound; wolves always howled around here, it was nothing new. But, Sam got up and walked out of my room without another word.

As I was eating breakfast that morning, with Sam sitting right in front of me, he kept looking up from his eggs to look at me. I knew it was too good to be true. He wasn’t going to be able to go fishing with me. I just waited for him to speak and as soon as the words were out, I got so pissed I started shaking. My whole body was shaking; I had never felt like that. I heard Sam yelling for our dad and my mom froze in her spot by the stove. I felt like my skin was going to jump right off of me. My dad came in and took one look at me and started yelling at my mom to get out of the house. When she was out of the house, Sam and my dad just stood there, not speaking, but my dad had this look on his face like he knew what was going to happen next.



I took one look at my brother’s smug face and that was it, it was like I just exploded. The anger flowed trough me and I was down on all fours within seconds. When I looked at my feet there were paw’s there. What the fuck? I looked over at my dad who was still just standing there, but now further back from me. My brother and him left the room for a minute after telling me to come outside. I followed them out and they were nowhere to be seen. Then all of the sudden I heard my dad’s voice in my head. He told me what I was and how he was one too and that Sam had been distancing himself from me so he wouldn’t hurt me. They came out of the woods together and they were wolves also.
My dad proceeded to tell me all about our legends-the ones that were all supposed to be just stories. Well, I guess they weren’t.

After that, my life was consumed with protecting the tribe and running with our pack. My dad was still the Alpha and he was waiting for me and my brothers to join so we could see which one would be Alpha. Come to find out that was going to be me. One day about a week after I changed, my dad, who was my Alpha, commanded that I do something and I didn’t want to do it. I got really pissed again and all of the sudden this voice came out of my mouth. ‘No,’ I said. My dad dropped down to the ground like I had just hurt him. I was totally flipping out. I didn’t know what had just happened. He looked up at me with such pride in his eyes and his voice and no others came to me in my head.

‘My son, you are now the Alpha of this pack. Now I can retire. I will help you as much as I can, but when you learn what you have too, I will stop phasing and grow old with your mother.’

I was now the Alpha! Man, could my life get any more complicated? The next several weeks went by and I learned everything I could from my father. I was now in charge of the whole pack. Even my brother, which I totally took advantage of. He didn’t like it too much though, but I was loving it. About two weeks went by with no trouble, then one day our younger brother got pissed off at our dad for something and he phased as well. So all of us were wolves now.

I was still sitting there on that tree when my bother Sam came out of the tree’s beside me in his wolf form, knocking me out of my thoughts for now. I nodded my head to him and he went and phased. We sat there talking for a little while and then all of the sudden I had this weird sense of urgency to go to the beach. So I told Sam that I would talk to him later. I watched as he phased back and went into the woods. I walked to the beach just thinking about everything some more. I was only eleven, but I looked more like I was twenty. It was weird when I told people my age, they never believed me.

When I finally made my way to the beach, I stopped dead in my tracks at the edge of the forest. There sitting on the beach was a beautiful goddess. One I had never seen before around here. She had the most beautiful brown hair; her skin was all cream and roses. I just stood there staring at her; it was like she was sent from heaven. Then I felt the connections to all the loves in my life, my family, my parents, my brothers, the love for my pack, every connection I had just go away. Now she was the most important thing in my life. I wanted to be near her, more like I needed to be near her. To talk to her. To be with her.

All of the sudden she looked over at me and I had to smile, she was perfect in every way. She had the most gorgeous blue eyes, when she saw me looking at her she blushed the most beautiful shade of red I had ever seen. I smiled at her, I felt complete somehow. Just looking at her and being this close to her made me feel that way. I probably looked like a dumb ass just staring at her smiling and I didn’t want her to think I was stupid, so I walked over to her and asked if I could sit down. She told me I could. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. I thought about all the feelings I was having. They reminded me of a story my dad told me about imprinting. That couldn’t have just happened could it? Did I just imprint on this beauty?

“I’ve never seen you around here before, my name is Liam,” I told her. She just looked at me for a second then she cleared her throat and began to speak to me in the most angelic voice I had ever heard.

“I’ve never been here before, my name is Alex,” she told me. Wow, her name was beautiful, I bet its short for Alexandra. I loved that name, it sounds royal which she looks like she could be. I was so in awe of her beauty.

“Alex, huh. Ok Alex if you’ve never been here before, then why are you here now?” I asked a little rudely. I didn’t mean to sound that way, I just had to know how this angel was in my midst.

She told me her dad was marrying Leah Clearwater. Man, I knew her. My dad had been in love with her before he phased for the first time and then he imprinted on Leah’s cousin, my mom Emily Young. I thought all of this while she was still speaking to me but was interrupted by her being a little smug.

“Oh, and before you ask, Alex is short for Alexandra.” I smiled because of the tone of her voice. It sounded like people had bugged her about her name before. I wonder why she didn’t go by her full name though, I thought it was beautiful, it matched her completely.

“Actually I wasn’t going to ask, I already figured that out. So your part of Leah’s family. My dad is Sam Uley; my mom is Emily and Leah’s cousin.

“Nice,” she said. I wondered what she was thinking because her face got a little tint of red in her cheeks, it was so lovely. “What do you all do for fun around her?” She asked. I laughed at that comment as well. Most people didn’t understand that we could have some fun even when there wasn’t much around.

I told her all about cliff diving and she made me promise to show her sometime. I couldn’t wait to take her. I told her about the movies and going to Port Angeles with my friends. I proceeded to ask her how long she was staying and I was saddened by her answer to my questions. She told me they were only staying a week, then they would have to go home to California . I didn’t want her to leave at all; I wanted nothing more for her to stay right here with me forever. Maybe I did imprint on her!

After that agonizing answer I had to lighten the mood some, so I asked if she wanted to spend more time together tomorrow. I told her I could show her around or something. I watched as her face lit up and smiled the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. It made me smile to see her so happy for just wanting to spend more time with me. She said she would have to okay it with her parents first, but she was sure they would be okay with it. That was when we heard someone coming down the beach calling for her. It was Seth.
When Seth got close enough to see us, he knew right away what had happened. He took one look at me and smiled; I nodded to him and smiled in return. Then I looked down at Alex and she had an upset look in her eyes.

“Oh man, I didn’t realize how late it was, Leah and my dad are going to kill me, ” she said. I wanted nothing more at this very moment to wrap my arms around her and comfort her. I didn’t want to scare her though.

“Liam, Leah and Steve are looking for Alex, would you mind walking her to my house? I have somewhere I need to go right at this very minute.” I knew where he would be going, straight to my house to see my mom and dad. I rolled my eyes at him, like I wouldn’t be going straight home to tell them the news myself.

“Sure, if she doesn’t mind,” I replied. I smiled down at her. She smiled back and then opened that pretty mouth and talked straight to me and to me only.

“Of course I don’t mind.”

I heard Seth snicker and walk off. I don’t think Alex realized he had left, she turned to say something to him, but he was already gone. She turned to look at me and we headed towards the Clearwater ’s house. I had to walk a lot slower than I was used to, she had short, cute legs. I looked over at her every chance I had and when I did, I noticed she was shaking a little. I hadn’t realized it had gotten that cold. Being a toasty 107.9, I don’t notice the weather that much. I tried to walk closer to her to maybe let some of my body heat warm her, when that didn’t seem to work, I put my arm around her. Her tiny waist was perfect for me. I could have just wrapped myself around her and never let go. I didn’t want her to get sick or anything and this seemed to help a lot. Her face turned red again though and I had to hold in a chuckle. I loved the reactions I was getting out of her. It made me laugh and giddy inside. Then I heard her heart skip a beat and speed up a bit. I hope she wasn’t getting sick after all, I thought.

“How old are you Alex?” I asked. She acted and looked so much older than I think she really was.

“I’m getting ready to turn eleven why?” She asked, in that angelic voice again…that voice made my heart sing.

“It’s just you don’t look or act eleven, or I guess you’re ten.”

She proceeded to tell me that her dad always told her she acted five years older than she really was. I wonder why she felt like she needed to be older. She asked me how old I was and I told her I was eleven. She told me I didn’t act or look eleven either, which made me laugh. I knew why I didn’t look eleven. I did on the other hand act eleven sometimes.

“Listen if your family doesn’t care if we hang out tomorrow, I’ll meet you on the beach around ten okay?” She nodded her head yes and smiled causing my heart to leap in my chest.

I was so happy I felt like I would explode, but not the kind of explosion when I transformed into a wolf. I reached up and touched her cheek and her cheeks flushed even more. We were standing on Sue’s porch now and I looked over at her as the glow of the porch light caught her face just right. She looked like an angel. I had to do it; I reached over and kissed her rosy cheeks. As I walked away, I looked back over my shoulder and she was still standing there. I laughed a little at that. If she thought she was dazed, damn, how does she think I felt? I just found my soul mate at the age of eleven.

After all of that I went home and went into my house, my mom and dad weren’t there. Seth was outside sitting on our porch. I sat there with him for a little while and talked to him. That’s when my parents came walking up the road, I ran to them and my mom saw it on my face. She just knew it, she was so happy for me until I told them who it was. She looked a little worried about what would happen when she left. I told them I didn’t want to think about that right now. I just want to spend as much as time as I can with her while she’s here and when its time for her leave, I’ll deal with what I have too. I have to believe the bond between us is strong enough that we can handle it.

After the talk with my mom and dad, I headed up to my room to change and get ready for bed. My dreams were crazy; my first one was of her leaving me and the pain I knew would be coming. I watched as she pulled away and her sad face stayed with me for a while. I could see tears rolling down her face as she waved to me until we couldn’t see each other anymore. I woke up after that dream with tears in my eyes. It took me a while till I got back to sleep after that. But, when I did, my dream this time was a happy one, it was of my marrying Alexandra. It was our wedding day and she looked amazing, then it switched and it was the day our first daughter was born. Then another baby was born and it was a son. I woke up in the morning after this dream finished and got dressed with a huge smile on my face. I went down the stairs humming to myself. I was so happy I was hoping to get to spend more time with her today; I just hoped her parents would let her.

As I was walking down to the beach worry hit me really hard. What if Leah and Alex’s dad wouldn’t let her come today? What would I do if they wouldn’t let me see her? But, my mind was at peace as soon as I saw her sitting there waiting... waiting for me on a beached tree. She was even more beautiful than I remember, if that was possible!

“Hey there beautiful, how are you this morning?” I asked her with a huge smile on my face.

“Fine, and you?” There it was again that voice.

“I’m great now, what do you want to do today?” I asked her. She sat there like she was deep in thought; I let her think for a while, then I couldn’t take it anymore. “What are you thinking about?” I asked.

“It’s nothing,” she whispered looking down at her hands as she intertwined them. I put my hand under her chin to bring it up so she would look at me.

“What’s wrong Alexandra?” I loved saying her name. I love how it sounded. I wanted to make her feel better, if something was wrong I wanted… needed to make it better.

“Nothing, I’m fine,” she replied with a smile for me.

I told her she didn’t answer my question and she looked at me like I was crazy. I smiled and told her what I meant. She told me she didn’t know and then asked me what I wanted to do.

That’s when I heard them. I hated the high school crowd that had been coming down here recently, they kept trashing the beach and my pack and I had to keep coming down here and cleaning it up, at my mom’s request. I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk with me. She nodded her head and we started walking down the beach. When we got close to the forest, she told me something that I found a little funny. She told me she was scared to go into the forest. Why in the world would she be scared of the forest...? I was with her; I wouldn’t let anything ever hurt her. We turned around and headed back the way we came. We spent most of the afternoon talking and laughing together. She told me all about her friend Carolyn and her other friend Taylor, well that’s what she called him, I think maybe he was her boyfriend. That’s when I told her about my plans for tomorrow. I was planning on going with some of my friends to see a movie and I asked her to go with us. I really wanted her with me. I was praying she would say yes. She told me she would have to ask her dad and Leah.

Then she asked me if I would meet them. She thought that if I met them they would be a little bit better with letting her go with me. We headed to Sue’s house again and began to get a little nervous. When we got there we headed straight in and to the living room where they all were sitting talking. I looked up and my mom and dad were there and I shared a small, knowing smile with my dad as he winked at me.

I stood there for a second then introduced myself and asked if she could come with me. Leah smiled and said she didn’t have a problem with it as long as Steve didn’t. He smiled at Alexandra, and after what seemed like forever, nodded his assent to her which caused her face to light up with happiness. I was also really happy because now I would be able to spend the rest of the day with her also. I couldn’t wait.

As soon as her dad said yes, Alex headed upstairs to get ready and I told her I would be back in about an hour to get her and head over to the store so we could wait for our ride.
My friends were supposed to meet us at the store and pick us up; I had called them and let them know I was bringing someone with me. It was friends from the pack and they figured it out fast, since my stupid brother already told them. We were waiting for them, but not for long.

She was beautiful tonight, even more so than she had been last night in the illuminating glow of the porch light. Tonight she was wearing a blue strapless dress and she had her lovely hair hanging loosely, cascading down her back. My friends, and also pack brothers Mason and Justin, along with their imprints, were the ones that picked us up. Two of our other friends would be meeting us there. They all looked at me with smiles on their faces.

I let Alex get in first and I got in after her, then we were on our way. The ride there was great because I had to sit really close to Alex and that made my whole body tingle. I loved being near her. When we got there, we all decided to see the movie Fast and Furious that was playing again. Even though we had seen it and it was already out on DVD, that’s what we saw because Alex and Megan said they hadn’t seen it yet. We visited the concession stand where we got our popcorn and drinks and headed in there to watch it. I personally loved this movie; fast car’s is all I have to say. The whole movie was awesome, I even reached over and held Alex’s hand during it, and she didn’t even pull away. I loved the way her hand felt in mine. Wow! Maybe she feels same way I feel about her.

When the movie was over we all headed outside and decided to go get something to eat. After eating, we all headed back to the reservation. I dropped off Alexandra at Sue’s house and kissed her on the mouth this time, I couldn’t stop myself, it was just a soft kiss. I told her good night and that I would see her tomorrow. I went home and dreamed of her again. This time it was the happy one over and over.

The following couple of days were the happiest ones of my life, well, my life so far. I took her cliff diving, among other fun activities, which meant that we spent almost all our time together. Then the worst day came-the day she was going to leave me. I felt my heart ripping at the seams. I looked at her and had to tell her goodbye. I told her I would see her at the wedding since Leah had decided to have it here in La Push on the beach.

I couldn’t wait to see Alex again. I needed her here with me. I saw a tear roll down her cheek and it reminded me of my dream, I hated to see her cry. I promised I would see her soon and I told her to smile and she tried, but it didn’t reach her eyes. I kissed her and Leah came out of the house and told her it was time to leave. I watched as my Alexandra got in the car and drove out of my life, well out of it for a couple of weeks then she would be back here and spend the days with me again. But, I knew she would have to leave me again and I hated that. I watched until I couldn’t see her anymore. I couldn’t move, my mom and dad had to come get me out of the road. It felt like I was going to die, the pain was so severe. I wanted to follow her, to be with her and make her happy, but I knew I couldn’t and that hurt me so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More