Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Unbreakable Bond Chapter 19 - The Happiest Day That Ends In Sorrow (part one Alex’s POV)







Chapter 19 ~ The Happiest Day That Ends In Sorrow (part one ~ Alex’s POV)


“Alexandra you look beautiful,” my mother, Leah, said as tears slowly ran down her face while she looked at me through the mirror in front of me. Standing there in my wedding dress smiling at everyone in the room, I had the worst case of butterflies ever.

Inside I was a nervous wreck, I was resigning myself to second best. But after everything, I was so tired of fighting with Liam making up then fighting again. It was a vicious cycle we had been in for years and I couldn’t take it any more. I needed to be free of him and just try to live my life as Taylor’s wife.

I watched through the mirror as my dad knocked on the door and my mom let him in, he stopped dead in his tracks and tears welled up in his eyes.

“My baby girl,” he whispered, more to himself then to anyone else in the room.

I knew how he felt towards all this, but he had promised to go ahead and walk me down the aisle. I was happy about that. I just wished he would see that this is what I wanted, but the thing was, I was battling with that myself.

“It’s time Alexandra. He walked over to me and kissed my forehead and looked at me with tears in his eyes as they flooded over and caressed his cheeks, running down in slow precision. “You look beautiful Alex.”

Tears flooded my eyes as well, I couldn’t help it. Mom came running over and dried them up saying something about not wanting to mess up my make-up but I didn’t care. My dad hadn’t really talked to me since that last fight we had and he was finally talking to me. I was so happy.

As he led me out of the room and onto the landing by the stairs, he looked over at me and said something that made the tears flow again for both of us.

“You look just like your mother.”

Nodding, he lead me down the stairs and out the back patio doors. My father led me out and under the archway leading into the crowd and up the aisle. I couldn’t look at anyone, I kept my eyes trained on Taylor’s, watching as his face lit up when I came into view. I didn’t pay attention to anything else but the light in his eyes as my father turned to me and placed my hand in Taylor’s. At first he acted like he wasn’t going to do it but kissing my forehead he went ahead and placed my hand in Taylor’s.

The rest of the wedding itself was kind of a blur to me though. I said all the things I was supposed to and kissed Taylor and we were pronounced man and wife. But the whole time I had tears in my eyes and it all went by so fast.


As soon as the ceremony was completed we were rushed right into the reception and the music was blaring. Everyone congratulated us and everyone seemed so happy. Except for a few and those few were Liam’s family. They all had come to the wedding and I was so happy to see them but there was a hindrance there between us and I could almost taste it.

I hugged Emily and she hugged me back, just like she always did, but it was there I could feel it. She was upset about the decision I had made.

“I’m happy for you, just be happy Alex. That’s all that matters,” Emily said with me still in her arms. I smiled at her and nodded.

“Thanks Emily.” As I looked around for the missing person of her family she knew exactly what I was trying to do.

“He’s not here Alex, I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault. I’m upset with him for what he’s done to you all though. Leaving and not coming around and seeing his family that is so not like him. He loves you all dearly…” I couldn’t get the rest of what I was going to say to Emily because I was interrupted by Tallia, Liam’s little sister.

“He loves you too but you trampled on his heart, you’re the reason he’s not with us.” She didn’t even give me a second to respond before storming off and out of the tent area. She totally shocked me for saying what everyone else was thinking.

I stood there shocked into silence, but was snapped out of it as the DJ announced that it was time for our first dance as husband and wife. Letting the silk of my dress slide through my fingers I very gently excused myself from talking to Emily and picked up my dress slightly off the ground to go dance with my husband.

Our song, was one of our favorites, Amazed by Lonestar. I know its country but it was still our song. The words meant so much to me as Taylor sang them to me in my ear every time. As we danced he didn’t disappoint and softly murmured the words in my ear, his breath warm against my skin.

We danced and swayed together ’til my dad came up behind me placing his hand on the small of my back and asked to cut in. It was time for the father daughter dance and I was placed into my daddy’s arms.

We danced to the song Butterfly Kisses as my dad swayed me around the dance floor under the huge white tent area with my friends and family surrounding us…smiling at us. All through the turns around the dance floor, all the faces of the people I loved were all in a blur, except six faces. Those faces of Liam’s family were in perfect clarity and every turn around I came eye to eye with his little sister. The look in her eyes said it all.

“ Are you happy?” My dads question broke my eye contact with her and I answered his question with the only answer I knew to say. It was my happy day right? Was I happy? Yes I was. Was I the happiest I had ever been? Now that was a different question all together and I really didn’t know the answer to it.

As I looked up at my dad and the song ended but I remained in his arms, I knew he knew the answer to the very question that I had no clue of. He wanted me to be really happy and I knew that. What could I say though, I wasn’t happy. I am happy!

I broke out of his arms and walked off and talked to some friends from college. I laughed and carried on ‘til I turned around and stopped dead in my tracks. He walked through the door and was staring straight at me. Our eyes connected and I couldn’t breath. I couldn’t move.

You know those moments in a movie when two loves come together, but they are across the room from each other and their eyes finally connect for the first time in a long time…Yeah this definitely felt just like one of those moments. No one else in the room mattered, they simply faded into the background…I couldn’t hear anything or anyone.

All that I saw were his eyes, eyes that I could see straight through, deep into his soul. Eyes that melted me to my spot. Eyes that demanded my attention. Tingling sensations swept through me as he swept through the crowd and straight for me.

I could feel him before he even touched my arm, like we were connected…bonded somehow together. I wasn’t really sure what was about to happen but I really didn’t care. I could have almost sworn I heard Taylor screaming at me but I just didn’t care at the moment.

Liam’s eyes never released me, they held me in his gaze as we moved together onto the dance floor. I couldn’t even feel myself moving it was like a dream. A dream I didn’t want to wake up from. I felt like Cinderella at the ball. This was my chance to dance with my prince and no one was going to stop me.

As the music started to play I didn’t recognize the song at all but as the words hit me, tears started to flow down my cheeks. He was telling me goodbye, this would be it. He planned to be out of my life after this dance, I could feel it in the touch. I could feel it in every movement he made, he held me close, his head at my hair. Closing my eyes I danced my goodbye to my almost love. I told him goodbye with my dance as well. I held onto him like I never wanted to let go. Showing how much I loved him, but also how much I wished I could just take everything back and be with him, but I couldn’t. Before I knew it the song was almost over and he was singing to me.

“You know I loved you from the start…” he whispered as the same words of the song played through out the speakers that stood around the dance floor. As he twirled me around the floor slowly, my dress swayed around him. “So Lets make this, Lets make this Our Farewell. So let’s Make this, lets make this Our Farewell…” he sang the last words to me as he cupped my face in his hands looking into my eyes, rubbing my tears away with his thumbs. Leaning in he gently kissed my forehead and leaned down to my ear. “Just be happy Alexandra. You know I loved you from the start. Farewell beautiful.”

He kissed my cheek and walked away from me without even looking back, he walked out of the tents and away from me forever…he was gone. I stood there staring after him in a daze as realization of what I just lost hit me, hit me hard in the face and in the heart.

I could feel the eyes of everyone on me but I didn’t give a shit what they thought. I wanted to run after Liam, I wanted him to come back, I wanted to…fuck I didn’t even know what I wanted.

As all my thoughts became a blur and I collapsed on the dance floor in my beautiful Vera Wang wedding dress and sobbed for the lost love. Love I threw away for good this time.

I could barley feel someone wrap their arms around me and when I realized who it was I shrugged him off and pushed Taylor away. I didn’t want him to touch me I didn’t want him near me. That was wrong of me, I know, but it was the truth, I had lied to myself and to everyone lately and I didn’t know how to fix it. All I could do was cry over it all.

The next thing I knew I was being carried off the dance floor by my mom and Emily. I melted into Emily’s arms, she reminded me so much of Liam. We passed his brothers and they all were watching me intensely. Watching me with sorrow filled eyes. I was in pain, I felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest ’till I couldn’t breath.

They led me out of the tent area, heading up to our house, but all I could hear was not the murmurs of people chatting and talking about all that had happened. No, all I could hear was my hoarse whispering of his name and come back over and over again.



( Part 2 ~ Liam’s POV)


Running as fast as I could trying my hardest to make it there before she actually said I do and actually married that guy, my thoughts wandered back to the first time I met her. The first time on the beach. Her hair blowing in the wind while she sat there on a washed up tree on first beach. I could almost smell her hair on the wind now as I pushed myself even faster.

As I took the last few steps out of the forest and onto their lawn I could smell her, that delicious sent of Alexandra. I knew what I had to do today, I had to let her go and let her be happy. My plan was to dance with her one last time and say goodbye then leave and never step foot near her again. That was my plan, just not sure it would work. The draw towards her was always so strong so I wasn’t sure if it would work or not.

“Alrighty lets do this and get it over with,” I told myself in a whisper. Walking across the lawn I noticed right off that I was to late to do the one thing I wanted to do and that was to stop her from marrying that idiot. “I guess I will have to go on with my plan.”

I stepped into the tent area they had set up and seen my family right off the bat and everyone was staring at me but I really only saw one person and that was Alexandra. She must have sensed my eyes on her, because she turned and our eyes connected. I could feel that pull towards her stronger then ever. I stood there for a few minutes that seemed like hours before I couldn’t take it anymore and I headed towards her. I wanted to touch her, to feel her in my arms.

I never even looked at anyone around us, but I could hear them. I heard one in particular saying something about ‘she better not even think about it.’ I laughed on the inside because I knew Alex wasn’t paying any attention to her new husband, her eyes hadn’t left mine since they locked with my eyes.

As I came closer I heard her softly suck in a sharp breath, a breath I’m not even sure she knew she took in. As I slowly took her hand in mine, I could feel our bond connect at our touch, I craved to have her in my arms and feel the full force of it. It seemed like I had never felt it before, like it did on that first day at the beach and I was standing by the woods and I imprinted on the beauty on the beach.

Now that beauty was standing in front of me in a wedding dress and it wasn’t our wedding…it was hers. I led her to her dance floor and I motioned for the DJ to play a song for us, and the song hit me in the face because the words were words I wanted to say to her. Words that told her what she meant to me, words that told her my goodbye.

I held her close in my arms tightly; I saw the tears in her eyes as they fell down her cheeks as she heard the words of the song. I knew she knew this was goodbye. I knew it when we started turning around the floor, her holding me as tightly as I was holding her. I laid my head on hers and took a deep breath in memorizing her smell…her touch…just her alone.

As the song came to an end I sang the last chorus of the song to her, telling her Farewell. I just wished I didn’t have to, I wanted this to be my wedding to her and wanted to hold her forever. But that was impossible now, she was married to another. I just wished her happiness now.

I kissed her head and let her go and walked away from my true love forever. I left the tent area and her not even looking back.

I had no idea what to do with my life, I just ran…ran away from everything and everyone.

 *~*~*~*~*~* 

One of my friends Brady wrote that song and is the one that sings it, he was asked personally if I could use this song in my story. So a huge thanks goes out to him. 

Here is the Vid: 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More