Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

Broken Sun Chapter 24 - Bells!








Chapter 24 - Bells!


My visitor walked in through the kitchen and around the corner and stopped dead in his tracks.  I looked up at him and he just starred back at me with his all knowing eye’s.  I didn’t know what to say to him at all.  The last time I had seen him I had broke his heart, he had left, never to come back again.  But, he was here and he had been searching for me, so I had to try.

    “Hey Jake.” I said.  I didn’t know what else to say, I wanted to cry, to run over to him and burry my face in his copper chest.  But I could already see him scrunching up his nose.  His eye’s were huge, taking in all of me.  The color of my skin, the smell, my eye’s, all of it.

    “Bells, I missed you.  I can’t believe your finally back.  Tell me what happened.” he said.  Charlie walked back upstairs I guess to get ready for work.  So I could talk about things I shouldn’t talk about around him.

    “You remember that family of vampires I told you about in Voltera?  Well they took me, they came here and took me away,  they took my memory away Jake.  Then they turned me into a vampire.  I didn’t know about my life here, I didn’t remember anything at all.  I was told I was in love with one of them.  I believed everything they told me, what else was I supposed to do about it.  Charlie said you saw me, when?”  I asked.

“It was right after you were taken, Seth and Quil got a hold of me and got me to listen to them.  They told me what happened and when I realized it wasn’t Edward who did it, I figured the only people who would hurt you and want you would be them.    So about two weeks after I went there and was looking and searching for you.  There you were out in the plaza shopping.  You looked happy and so much different but I knew it was you.  I did see you stop and stand there for a minute, you know how your were always so easy for me to read, I thought you looked like you were feeling like you were missing something.  But, I could tell you had no clue what that something was.  I didn’t know they took your memory Bells, I swear.  If I did I would have come over to you and brought you back here. I would have told you everything.  I should have anyways.  You look good Bells, but you kind of stink!”  he smiled at me, it was that smile of kindred spirits,  that I always loved about him.

 I smiled back at him and went over and hugged him, he actually hugged me back.  He didn’t pull away.  He didn’t seem to care about the smell.  It surprised me a little, but it made me so happy to have my friend back.  I needed my friend and hopefully he would stay around.

“Are you ok Jake?  I mean, you aren’t going to leave again are you?  I’m so sorry I hurt you so badly.  I really don’t remember all of that yet, I don’t have it all back, but I do remember I hurt you really bad and I feel so upset about that.”

    “It’s ok Bells, and no I’m staying right here, where I belong.” I smiled up at him and all of the sudden pain shot across my chest.

Some more of my memories came back, they were of me hurting him the way I did.  I collapsed towards the floor, I didn’t hit it though, Jake caught me.  All I heard him saying was Bells are you ok, Bells!  I looked at him and everything was so blurry.  Then it all went black!

When I woke back up I was back home at the Cullen’s house, I was lying in our bed and Edward was right there, he looked so worried.

    “ What happened?” I shakily asked.

    “You fainted!  Do you remember it?  You grabbed your chest and you fainted.  I have never heard of a vampire fainting.  Are you ok?  Please tell me your ok?  Bella?” he was panicking.

    “Yeah, I feel fine, but I think I know what happened.  I got some more of my memories back, they fuzzy of course but there back.  The pain of the memories hurt so much, the memories are of me hurting Jake time and time again.  I hurt him really badly didn‘t I?  I don’t understand how I could do that to him,  but he still came to look for me.”  I said, crying tearless sobs.

    “Yeah, he did.  He’s a good friend to you Bella.  He always has been and I think he always will be.  You mean a lot to him.”

    “Can I go see Jake?  I want to talk to him.” I asked Edward.

    “You don’t have to go anywhere, he was so worried about you he stayed here last night.  With the smell and everything.  I’ll go get him for you.”  Edward must have been holding my hand, I was so befuddled I didn’t feel it, he let it go and walked out of the room.  I heard him walk down the stairs and tell Jake I was awake, I heard Jake run back up the stairs.  He knocked on my door and when I told him to come in, he did.

    “Hey Jake.” I said with a smile.

“Bells, I was so worried about you, are you ok?” he asked.

    “Yeah, I’m fine, just some hard and sad memories coming back, that’s all.”

    “You sure your ok? You don’t look ok.”

    “Yeah, Jake I’m fine, I promise, you were always so over protective.” I smiled.

    “I had to be, you were always so accident prone.  What memories came back?” he asked, I was hoping he wouldn’t ask that question. 

    “My memories of what I did to you.” I whispered, I knew he heard me because of the sharp intake of breath he made.

    “Those memories hurt you too don’t they?” he asked.

    “Of course they do Jake, I love you and I don’t want you to be hurt and when I was the one that hurt you it is even worse.  Please forgive me Jake?  Please?” I begged.

    “There is nothing for me to forgive you for, I only care about you being ok and safe now.  Oh yeah, Edward told me about the wedding, do you mind if I come?”

I jumped out of bed and hugged him as hard as I could.

    “Bells……can’t……..breath…”  I laughed and let him go.  He used to make me say that.

    “Ha, I finally made you say that for once!”  We both stood there laughing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More