Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kate Denali: The Untold Story Chapter 2








Chapter 2 ~ The Burning Memory


Sitting at home in Denali, I remembered that day crystal clear. It was like watching a movie in my head, every detail in perfect clarity.  It’s a day that haunted my thoughts constantly.  I was weak back then, yeah I had a feisty temper the one I still have, but I was weak.  I should have fought back.  I should have stood my ground and just left.  But back then that was unheard of.

Just simple things would pull me into the memory of that day, the smell of dirt, feeling rain drops on my skin…simple things would return that memory of being beaten and left for dead by my father.

***


Laying there, in and out of consciousness, I started to lose feeling in my arms and legs.  I wanted to move away from where I was, I wanted away from him.  But I couldn’t move.  I had no clue what to do.

The next thing I knew I felt like I was floating. Looking up I saw the most beautiful lady who smiled down at me.  I pulled my eyes away from hers not letting the glow of her gold eyes float away from my mind, but looking down at the ground.  She was carrying me.  But where was she taking me?  I had no clue what was going on.

    “It’s going to be okay, honey.  I can’t believe he did that to you. Don’t you worry about him, he will never hurt anyone ever again, I will see to that.  I thought he was a good man when I left…”

She had lost me after it was going to be okay, I just couldn’t keep my eyes open any more.  I was so cold and every inch of my body hurt.  I just wanted it to end.  The last thing I remember was the three words that slipped out of my mouth as she carried me to where ever she was taking me.

    “Just….kill….me…”

I heard her mutter something but by that time, the pain had taken over me and my body had given up.


    “PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP….” I was screaming but no one was around to hear me, no one was listening to me.  No one was here to help me or save me or make the burning stop.

He must have come back for me and decided to finally do away with me for real this time.  He wasn’t just going to beat me…but destroy me.  Burning me alive.  Turning me to ashes…to smithereens and scattering me where no one would even know what happened.

It was useless to yell…
useless to fight…
useless to even try..

Helpless to fight off my destruction.

I was nothing to him and he was proving that to me over and over again.  The burning was the worst pain I had ever felt, pain I would never wish on another human being.  It was torture that was usually brought forth on a criminal, someone that murdered someone.  A torture that should be put upon him.  He should be burnt alive not me. What had I done? Nothing but defy him.

I was getting pissed off and it was taking the burn away, or at least the thought of the burning away from my thoughts.

The burning raged on and I had no clue how I was still here, still thinking, still breathing, still…here.  I should be a pile of ashes, I shouldn’t be here or my thoughts shouldn’t be everywhere like they were right at this very minute.  I wish it would stop. It’s making me dizzy all the thoughts circling each other.  My thoughts were going off like fireworks, a million different colors colliding into one loud boom.

Have you ever sliced your finger open deeply? Think about that pain, how did it feel?  Well, take that pain and multiply it by a thousand…no wait that’s not enough, multiply it by a million.  Yeah that’s better…but not really close enough.  This pain is a pain that is unimaginable by any mere human.  That’s the kind of pain this was.  It was unimaginable tortuous pain and I was swimming in it.  I was drowning in the dark burning flames that ravished my body.  The pain dragging me down into the bottomless pit I was in.

But somehow my hands started to surface and then my toes, I could feel them, I could move them.  But there was a downfall; as soon as they surfaced my heart sank deeper, thudding in my ears, pounding in my chest.  It felt as if it was going to thump right out of my chest…faster and faster it raced along.   Like a horse in a race, trying to get to the finish before anyone else.  What I didn’t know at the time was the finish meant that it would stop beating, and that is exactly what it did.  It won.  It stopped with one last thud.

I was dead…







A/N: I know this chapter was a bit short, but I will be working on the next chapter this week.  So don't worry I haven't given up on this story at all, just real life is kicking my ass a lot, with school and stuff.  So I hope you liked this chapter and there is so much more to come :)

2 comments:

Hello beautiful! Amazing chapter! Short yeah, but who is there to force someone to have long chapters? Not me.

I love your Kate, though I think I'll love her even more in the future *wink wink*

Love ya!

(and YAY! First!)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More