Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

Broken Sun Chapter 6- Testing of the guard







Chapter 6- Testing of the guard


The next day, I got dressed, while Felix waited for me in our living room area. I picked out a pair of blue jeans and just a plain blue t-shirt, so I could at least move easily. When I walked in, I must have looked nervous, because Felix grabbed me around the waist and pulled me close to him. He held me like that for a few minutes, then leaned down and whispered into my ear.

“You will be fine, I promise. I won’t leave your side the whole time.” Then he kissed me lightly on my lips.

I was still a little scared, if he would stay right by me I would be fine. I kept telling myself that over and over in my head. We walked out of our room and headed towards the training room.

When I walked in, I looked around. It was a plain round looking room, everything was made of stone, the walls, the floor, everything. I looked up and saw all the guard and Aro, Caius and Marcus standing in front of me. I stood there shocked and so scared, I looked up at Felix and he smiled at me and urged me forward. Then Aro spoke to him.

“Felix, take your spot on the guard line, you will have to take part in this too.” Aro told him. I was petrified when those words came from Aro’s mouth. I could never take Felix.

“Aro, I told her I would stick by her. I could never attack her!” He told him.


“I know that, take your place, sorry Isabella.” Felix looked down at me again and whispered the word sorry in my ear. squeezing my hand, he kissed me on my forehead, then leaned down and whispered to me again.

“I know you can do this. Just relax!”

He walked over and took his place in the line next to Demetri and Heidi. Then Aro moved from where he was standing and came over to me.

“It’s Okay, just relax. No one will hurt you, I promise. Do you want more time, to get used to things before we do this?”

“No Aro, I’m okay, let’s just do this.”

He called over Jane first, she looked at me and smiled. Nothing at all happened. Then he called over Alec, again nothing happened. Then he asked Demetri to see if his power would work on me and he shook his head no. Then he looked at Felix, he called him over and said something to him that I couldn’t hear.

Felix walked over to me, looked me in the eye’s, then he grabbed me really hard, it didn’t hurt at first, but then he put all of his strength into it. It hurt so bad, it felt like he was going to pull me in half. I wanted to cry and fall to the ground. I just stood there, I couldn’t move.

I probably looked like the stone my skin resembled. If I left I wouldn’t make it into the guard, but don’t get me wrong I wanted to run out of there. Finally Aro came over and grabbed my hand, placed it in his and I guess he was trying to hear me again. He gave me a slight smile then went back to the other three.

“Isabella, you can go back to your room right now, and we will talk things over. Felix will come and let you know what we have decided.”

All I could do was turn around and head back to my room, when I made it out of there. I took off running. I ran out of the building and around the castle, finding a garden out back with fountains and stone bench.

I went to the furthest part of the garden, next to a large oak tree, there was a stone bench behind it. If someone came looking for me, they wouldn’t see me right away. This was exactly what I wanted, I sat there thinking. Felix actually hurt me…Me! Someone he supposedly loved.

How could he do that, I could never hurt him. He lied to me too, he said he wouldn’t leave my side. He must not truly love me. It only took about thirty minutes and he was calling my name.

I just sat there, my whole body still hurt from him using his strength on me. I decided, I would stay out here all night as long as I didn’t have to see him right now! I was so angry and hurt. Just thinking this, I was crying with out tears. wow that feels weird

After about another hour went by I heard several of the guard looking for me. I didn’t answer and I didn’t go to them, I didn’t care anymore! But, really I did care. They were all I had right now, they were my family now.

I still didn’t want to be anywhere near them right at the moment though even if they were my family…so I just stayed put. They didn’t find me, I stayed out there in that garden all night. Just sitting there thinking. It seemed to me that, all I did was sit and think lately.

Then I heard someone come up behind me, it was Licy. I just sat there and waited for her to come over to me. She did finally, then she sat down next to me.

“Hey, everyone’s looking for you. Felix is so worried you might get hurt!”

“Yeah, right. He’s real worried about me getting hurt. Okay!” I said sarcastically. He was the one who had hurt me.

“What do you mean, he loves you! Of course he’s worried. What’s wrong with you? Why are you out here by yourself?” she asked me.

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME? IF HE LOVED ME SO MUCH, THEN WHY DID HE HURT ME? YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD THAT HURT! IF HE LOVED ME HE WOULDN‘T HAVE DONE THAT. IF HE LOVED ME HE WOULDN’T HAVE LIED TO ME!” I yelled. She looked surprised by my tone.

“He had to do that, Isabella. Do you think he enjoyed hurting you like that?” She looked at me, I was standing now, ready to bolt. “ He didn’t want to do that, he even begged Aro to not to make him. Aro made him any way.”

I couldn’t take anymore of what she was saying. I turned around to run away again and when I started to run, he was right behind me. He encircled me in his arms, he had been there the whole time. He had heard everything. I screamed at him.

“PUT ME DOWN, NOW!”

“No!” He swung me up in his arms and carried me away. I couldn’t look at him at all. I didn’t think I would ever look at him the same way again.

He carried me all the way to our room, everyone was starring at me. We passed Aro on the way, Aro stopped and took Felix’s hand. Then nodded and smiled up at me, I didn’t even look at him.

He stopped smiling and walked away. When we got to our room, he took me straight to my room and sat me down on my bed. As soon as his hands were off of me, I tried to bolt again, but he grabbed me. He pulled me back to the bed and sat down, this time with me in his lap. I flinched away from him when he wrapped his arms around me to hug me. I crawled off of his lap and got over to my bed and curled my legs up to my chest, into a ball. I rocked back in forth, my body still aching. He didn’t say anything for a while, we just sat there in silence. I still wouldn’t look at him! I kept my back to him the whole time.

“Would you look at me…please Izzy?” he whispered.

I just sat there, he reached over towards me and I flinched away again, this time he didn’t pull back. He put his hand under my chin and lifted it up. I looked down, I knew if I looked at him, I would give in. So he whispered to me again.

“Izzy, please look at me and let me explain!” Finally this time I looked up at him, I gave him my most plain look I could give, it had no emotion in it at all. I wouldn’t let him see how much this all hurt me! “Izz, I would never hurt you on purpose, I was doing what Aro made me do. I am so sorry about it, you have no idea how sorry I really am. Please forgive me for hurting you and lying to you. Please!”

I sat there and didn’t say anything. I wanted to be alone. It was like he read my mind, he got up off of my bed and walked out of my room. He left me there alone, I sat there for a few minutes with my body still aching a little, it was starting to go away.


I got up off of my bed and headed into my bathroom, I filled the tub and got in. I sat there sobbing really hard. I was hoping he couldn’t hear me. He didn’t come in and check on me, so I guess he didn‘t or he didn‘t care enough to come in.

After my bath, more of the pain went away with the water. I put on some black PJ’s and got in my bed and turned on my TV, I watched the movie The Notebook. I laid there still crying tearless sobs. I laid there most of the night, I heard him go into his own room and I got up, it was about four in the morning. I got up and walked through our living room area and out to our balcony.

I looked down and I could see that garden I could see the tree and the bench. He must have been able to see me from up here. I sat there looking up at the sky. Around eight in the morning I heard him moving around again in his room, so I slipped back into my own. I heard him leave our little apartment area and then I got up and got dressed.

I headed out too, I went back down to the garden. I put on my cloak before I headed out into the sun though, I sat there on the same bench as last night. I sat there looking at all the lovely flowers and listening to the birds in the tree. I knew exactly when someone else entered the garden, it was Aro this time. He spotted me and came over to talk to me.

“Isabella, darling. Can I talk to you?” He asked. I shook my head yes at him.
“Honey, he did all of that because I made him. I need to know that if you could handle a physical attack, if you could fight it off with your shield. Which I now know your shield is only against a mental attack, but I didn’t know that before. Did anyone tell you, you are welcome to join the guard! Will you? I want you to be my other personal shield. I had another test to put you through, but I saw that you were spent yesterday. I need to see if you can get through my other shield Reneta. So how about it, are you going to be my newest member of the guard?”

“Yes Aro, I will. I don’t want to go anywhere.”

“Well, do you think we could answer that nagging question of mine?”

“Sure, right now?” I asked.

“Sure, we can go to the room we were in just you, Reneta and me. If that’s what you want.”

“That’s fine, just don’t let Felix come! I’m still not talking to him, he lied and hurt me pretty badly. I know you made him, but he could have said no…he didn’t!”

“He loves you, you know that right?” I shook my head no.

We stood up and he lead me back into that hideous room and Reneta meet us in there. She was looking at me, like I was the devil. It was kind of dark in there today, so I couldn’t see that Felix was hiding in the corner. Aro looked at me and had Reneta stand behind him touching him of course, like she always did.

She whispered something to him, and he nodded for me to come towards him, so I did. I made it all the way up to him and touched him with out any problems or difficulties.

“Wow, I have never seen anyone who Reneta’s shield did not work on.” Then I saw a movement in the corner and I walked over to it, it was Felix. I just stood there staring at him. He leaned down and whispered into my ear, holding my face up so he could look me in the eye’s.

“Good job, honey. I love you. I’m so sorry, will you please talk to me now?” He had his head down, when he talked to me. I didn’t even look at him.

I shook my head no and grabbed his hand and pulled him back to our room. I didn’t even give Aro a chance to talk to me about what just happened.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More