Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Unbreakable Bond Chapter 13 - Decisions are never easy…






Chapter 13 ~Decisions are never easy…


To have a good friend is one of the highest delights of life; to be a good friend is one of the noblest and most difficult undertakings.
- Anonymous



I ran to the phone as his ring tone blared throughout my room.

I feel on top of the world with you baby
I want to dance and party tonight
I feel on top of the world with my lady
I'm gonna rock your body all night
She makes me wanna sing

La La La


I laughed as I let the music play for a second. Liam had put that ring tone into my phone for his cell number. He said it was so I would know it was him and I could answer it. I finally answered it after a few seconds.

“Hello.”

“Hey you, what are you doing?” he asked.

“Nothing really, just got home from my last day of school before spring break. Why what are you doing?”

“Not much, getting ready to go hang out with friends. Did you ask yet?”

“No I didn’t, I was waiting till spring break started, I know what my dad’s going to say though, you know it too.”

“Just ask!” I huffed into the phone and I could hear him laugh in the background. I placed my cell phone on mute. I didn’t want him hearing this. Especially if I had to beg. I headed out of my room and down the stairs to the living room.

As I entered the room my mom looked up at me and eyed me like she knew I was up to something, you know that look mom’s get. Well that was the look I was getting now. I looked over at my dad and he had the exact look on his face. So I knew I should just spit it out.

“Okay, well you all know that I’m almost eighteen and its my senior spring break…well, I was thinking about taking a road trip. What do you think about Carolyn and I going to La Push for the week?” I waited with my eyes on the floor…. Waiting for it to blow up, but they never did.

“Well, what happened to spending your spring break with Taylor’s family in Aspen?” Leah asked.

“I was going to do that, but I would rather go see Liam and my friends. What do you say? Please!” I begged, I would get on my hands and knees to beg if I had too.

They both looked at each other and smiled. Maybe I would get what I wanted. Turning towards me they said the words that I wanted to hear so badly.



“Okay Alex, you can go. As long as it is okay with Carolyn’s mom.”

“YES!” I screamed. I hugged both of them making them laugh.

I ran upstairs to my room and calmed down for a second, taking two deep breaths. Taking my cell off of mute I told Liam they said no. To say he was disappointed was an understatement, but he said it would be okay, he would find something else to do during spring break. Of course they had said yes, Carolyn and I had it planned out that if they said yes we would tell Liam that they had said no. I wanted to surprise him so badly.

I couldn’t wait to see my friend and my grandma too. I was so excited when Carolyn called me and told me her mom said yes. We planned it out to leave at five in the morning, that would put us there around six that night. I was going to be worn out.

I called my grandma right after I got off the phone with Carolyn and told her I was coming to spend the week with her, she was excited, almost as much as I was. I asked her not to say anything to Liam that it was a surprise and she promised me she wouldn’t.

After I hung up I got packed, filling my suitcases with all the clothes I would need. When I was done, I knew there was something else I needed to do. I texted Taylor and told him I couldn’t go to Aspen with him and his family. I told him something came up, he wouldn’t like it too much that I was going to go see Liam. He didn’t like that I had a guy friend, but I told him he would have to get over that because Liam was my best friend and there was no way I was going to lose my best friend over him. He shut up after that, but every time I mentioned Liam for any reason Taylor would grit his teeth. I could always see the anger flowing from his very being when I mentioned Liam. I hated that.

I really didn’t want to go to Aspen anyway, I hated the cold. But, since Taylor is my boyfriend and has been for a long time now, it felt like the thing to do. It’s what couples did right? But I would rather spend my time with my friends. Not out in the freezing cold doing god knows what.


Not even two minutes after I hit the send button, Taylor was calling me. He was all bummed out, saying he wished I could go, that we would have so much fun. I told him that my mom and dad wanted to take a family trip and that I would be back the day before school started again. He finally chilled out and we talked for a second. After a while, I told him I had to go to bed and that I would talk to him tomorrow.


I got into my pj’s and into my bed, wrapping the covers over myself and as my head hit the pillows my head filled with pictures of Liam and me on the beach and the first time we met. The pictures were popping into my head like a projector was showing me my memories like slide show, like a movie reel was playing for me to see all the good times we had together back then. I drifted off to sleep watching his eyes light up and his smile cross his lips when he looked at me, the last thing I remember was his voice saying ‘hello beautiful’.

The next morning I woke to the alarm clock blaring, I slapped it trying to get the snooze button but missed and it fell off my night stand. I wiped my eyes and shot straight up. I hurriedly grabbed the alarm clock and turned it off and placed it back on the table, then got out of bed stretching as I went toward my bathroom. I took a quick shower, got dressed in some really comfy jeans and a t-shirt, I pulled my hair up into a messy ponytail, and left the bathroom. Walking back into my room I could hear Caro downstairs talking to my mom.

I grabbed my suitcase and headed down the stairs to eat breakfast before leaving. Setting my stuff on the floor by the door, I saw my mom standing there talking to Carolyn, I had to snicker. Leah was wearing something I would wear. A cami and short shorts. They both wheeled around when they heard me laughing.

“Alex what are you laughing at?” my mom asked. That of course made me laugh even harder.

“Nothing,” I said through my laughing fit.

She gave me this look that made me immediately look away. I hurriedly headed into the kitchen, where my dad was cooking some breakfast. My brother was even awake. I turned around to ask Carolyn if she wanted anything to eat. She told me she already ate, but she came into the kitchen anyway.

I sat there with my family and Carolyn eating my breakfast. As soon as I was done I jumped up excited to start our trip. Carolyn followed me out of the kitchen with my family on our tails. I went towards the door, picked up my bags, purse, keys, and turned to see that Caro had done the same thing. I looked at my mom and dad and went over and hugged both goodbye. They told me all the usual shit parents told their kids before a road trip, ‘be careful, watch your gas don’t want to run out‘ blah blah blah.

We headed out to my car and put the bags in the trunk and got in. I put the top down for now. It was already warm even though it was only five in the morning. We were leaving right on time, which I was happy about. I started my car and listened to her purr for a minute before I turned the car around and headed down my driveway.

We pulled out and headed towards the highway. Carolyn reached over and cranked the radio and I had to laugh. The song Liam has in my phone as his ring tone was blaring through my speakers. Carolyn and I started singing along. I knew this was going to be a fun ass trip.

We drove all day long with the music up so loud you could barley think. We were singing along to one of our favorite songs, when my phone rang. I looked at the caller id and didn’t answer it. It was Liam, I knew there was no way I could lie to him again. He would hear the lie in my voice, he always could tell when I lied or was trying to get away with not telling him something.

Carolyn gave me a weird face when I hit ignore.

“What? It was Liam, there is no way I am answering that and lying to him again,” I said defending my actions.

“Nothing,” she said with a smile, but after a minute she broke down and told me what she was thinking. “Okay, I’ll tell you. Why don’t you just tell him how you feel about him? I mean I can see it, you don’t look at Taylor the same way you look at Liam,” she said, giving me that knowing look.

She was my best friend other than Liam, but damn why did she have to be so perceptive sometimes? A lot of people thought she was a ditz because she is a cheerleader, but I always corrected them. Caro always had a way of seeing right through me and knew exactly how I felt most of the time. She was a great friend, she was always there for me and sometimes I think I took her for granted.

“Caro, listen I do have feelings for Liam, I have for a long time, but I love Taylor. I don’t know what to do.”

She got all quiet for a little while then all of the sudden she jumped in her seat and laughed. She had her cell in her pocket and it was vibrating. I looked over at her and rolled my eyes smiling as she mouthed one name. ‘Seth’.

She was on the phone with him for a while, he was so excited that she was coming to the rez, I could hear him through her phone. My uncle had it bad for my best friend. Caro always swears they are just friends but just like she can see through me, I can see right through her. She had it just as bad as he did.

When she hung up, she proceeded to tell me that Seth told her that Liam was totally bummed about us not being able to come out there this week. Seth promised he hadn’t told Liam and for that I was happy. I was so excited about surprising him.

We kept on driving, stopping only to get something to eat for lunch and going to the bathroom. My mom and dad had called us at least ten times throughout the day, just as Carolyn’s mom had, it was a little annoying but we knew they were just worried.

When we made it to Forks I could feel the excitement building in the car. I stopped and parked the car for a minute at Newton’s store, to call my grandma and tell her where we were. I also asked if Seth knew where Liam was right now and she told me he said that Liam and some friends headed down to the cliffs for a party tonight. Perfect.

I would surprise him there. I told my grandma that I would see her in about an hour. She said that she couldn’t wait to see me, the excitement evident in her voice. I hung up the phone and looked over at Caro, her eyes were all lit up, and I bet mine were too. I started the car back up and backed out of the parking spot.

It didn’t take us the normal hour it took to get to the rez, I guess the excitement got a hold of my foot. When I started to see the houses of the rez, I felt like I was home, even though I was miles from it. I looked out at the cliffs as soon as I could see them and I could see a bonfire glowing up against the night sky. It looked so beautiful. I pulled up to my grandma’s house and parked the car. As soon as I turned the car off my grandma was opening my door and Seth was opening Carolyn’s.

I hugged my grandma and when I turned to say something to Seth, he was hugging Carolyn so tight to him that it looked like she couldn’t breathe, he had her lifted up in the air. He let her down on her feet and smiled a huge smile at her. He went to come over and hug me, but he didn’t even let go of her hand. He drug her right along with him.

My grandma went over and hugged Carolyn, then helped us get our bags into the house. Seth of course carried Carolyn’s four bags. He looked at me at first before picking them all up and laughing.

I called my mom and dad and let them know we made it okay, Caro doing the same to her mom. Then we both got all our stuff settled in to Leah’s old room and then both took showers changing out of our grimy traveling clothes. Then we headed back down stairs. I hated to leave the house after just getting there, but I wanted to see him so badly. My grandma knew what I was wanting though.

“Get going. I understand. Go see him,” was all she said. I smiled big and hugged her around the neck.

“Thanks grandma. Love you. We’ll be back later, okay?” She just nodded her head.

Seth came barreling down the stairs and he had changed too. I watched as Caro pretty much eye fucked him. Looking him up and down. He just smirked at her.

Shaking my head at them, I walked out of the front door leaving them by the stairs. It didn’t take them too long to catch up with me and we all headed towards the cliffs.

When we got there, I looked around for Liam but couldn’t see him anywhere. It was a full blown party up here though, so I asked Seth if he could see him and he said no. I started to walk around looking for him and ran right into his little sister.

“Hey Tallia.”

“Oh wow, Liam said you couldn’t come. What are you doing here?” she asked.

“ It’s a surprise so shush. Do you know where he is?” I asked her, she smiled, she was beautiful. She looked just like Liam’s mom, Emily. The thing is, she looked very close to my age which was messed up. Tallia should have only been seven or eight years old. She was so tall and built.

I filed that away in my brain to think about later as she pointed in the direction she last saw Liam going. I told her thanks and headed that way. It didn’t take me too long to find him though, he was right by the edge of the cliffs. He didn’t see me but I sure as hell saw him…with another girl. Not just any girl, but a girl that rivaled any beauty queen. I couldn’t take my eyes away from them. My heart was crushed yet again. Why can’t I for once just be happy.

After that thought crossed my mind, I turned to head back to where Seth and Caro were and ran right into Sam Jr.

“Alex?” he asked as he looked down at me. He gave me a weird look at first, that’s when I felt the tear leak out of my eye and roll down my cheek. “ Are you okay? What are you doing here Alex? I was told you couldn’t come here this week.”

“I…I wanted to surprise him,” was all I could say. Sam took one look at what I had seen and a small smile crept across his face.

“You have the wrong idea…she means nothing to him. Not like you do. That’s my girlfriend Dawn,” he whispered a little loudly.

As soon as he said her name, she looked up at him and smiled, making Liam look over in our direction as well. His stunned face as he was staring at me confused me a little bit more. So the girl, Dawn, is Sam’s girlfriend and Sam said she meant nothing to Liam not like I mean to him. Hmmm. I just stood there as Liam came over to me shaking his head and smiling at me.

“Alexandra you lied to me,” he said as he got closer, with that smirk on his face.
I heard Sam Jr. laughing behind me now. I turned towards him and he shook his head no like he wasn’t about to get in the middle of it.

“I did not. Well yeah I did, but I did it to surprise you.”

He got real close to me then and hugged me to him and took a deep breath pressing his face into my hair. When he set me back on my feet, he started laughing.

“So that’s why you didn’t answer my phone call this afternoon?” I nodded my head at him.

For the rest of the party that night we both sat on a log and talked, never paying attention to anyone else there. It was getting a little cold and I shivered, Liam put his arm around me, the heat from his body warming me quickly. I always loved that about him. I knew it was late, but had no clue how late. Sam Jr. came up to us and told us it was time to go, I looked around and even the fire had died down almost to ashes. Oops. We hadn’t been paying attention to anyone or anything and everyone was almost gone. I looked up at Liam and he shrugged his shoulders.

It had always been like that with him, it always felt like we were in our own little world, no one else existed when we were together. He stood and helped me up and walked me back to Sue’s house. When we got there, I saw Seth and Carolyn watching TV in the living room all cuddled up on the couch together through the living room.

“Alex you want to go to the movies tomorrow or hang out on the beach?” he asked.

“That’s cool with me, either one. I don’t care as long as I’m hanging out with you.” Oh shit, didn’t mean to say that much. His smile was beautiful when he heard those words come out of my mouth, so I guess I didn’t say too much.

“Okay then, we can figure it out tomorrow. I’ll see you in the morning. Go get some sleep, you have to be tired.” He leaned down and very lightly placed a soft kiss on my lips.

I don’t know why, but I reacted to his kiss and pulled him closer to me for it to deepen. I couldn’t help it, it was like I needed that kiss like I needed air to breath. It felt amazing as he deepened the kiss and very lightly brushed my bottom lip with his tongue. I opened my mouth to let his tongue enter and our tongues both did a little happy dance together.

When we pulled away, we both were breathless and I was a little light headed and conflicted. I love Taylor but I think I’ve loved Liam all this time too. I’m so confused.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More