Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Runaway Daughter Chapter 4 - Letting My Happiness Flow








Chapter 4 ~ Letting My Happiness Flow


The first bell rang, so Caleb walked me to my class. I went through all my classes in a daze again. But every time I entered a room all eyes were on me. When I entered lunch, Thomas steered me to a table were Steven and Matthew were already sitting. Caleb’s class hadn’t gotten out yet and he didn’t get to meet me so I waited for him, I got my food and sat there waiting. He walked in and smiled right at me…I couldn’t help but smile back. He walked over and sat down next to me.

“So when do I get a chance to ride in that car of yours?” he asked me

“Right after school, if you want!” I told him

“Alright, Steven you can drive my car home. We are going shopping after school. Tell Jonathan we’ll be there after we are done.”

“No Steven don’t tell him, I’ll be right back.”

I walked out to my car and grabbed my phone, I got in my car and called my dad, I told him I needed to talk to him. He told me to come there right away, he would be leaving for work in a hour. I walked back into where the boy’s were and told them I’d be back. Caleb smiled at me and said he’d tell my next teacher that there was a family emergency. I kissed him and jumped in my car and headed towards dad’s house.

When I got to the house, I walked right in. It felt like it was my house, I didn’t think anything of it! I called out “DAD” and he came down the stairs in his white doctor jacket. I smiled at him and he smiled back.



“Dad, is there anyway I could stay here tonight?” I asked him. I really wanted to sleep in that bed, I wanted to feel at home. Like I was where I was supposed to be. I told him this and he said he would call my parents and see if he could arrange something. I told him thank you and that Caleb was taking me shopping tonight, he smiled and handed me a black card.

“Well if you’re going shopping you’ll need this. Caleb has his own but I want you to get anything you want so I had you an account started. You’ll need money for gas for that car of yours anyway!” I looked down and it was a black credit card with my name on it. He whispered in my ear “ NO LIMIT, ANY THING YOUR HEART DESIRES, YOU GET IT.”

“Spoiled.” We both laughed. “ I love you daddy, I know I keep saying that, and it’s not because of everything you keep giving me. I don’t want you to think you have to give me things to get me to love you, I just never got to say it to you so I’m making up for seventeen years!”

“ I know you love me…As I love you! Always have, always will. Okay, you better get back to school. I’ve got to get to work. Have fun tonight!”

“Hey daddy, you told me to get what my heart desires, well, what my heart desires is to live with you.” I whispered into his ear as I hugged him and walked out to my car. I yelled have a good day at work and drove off.

I made it back to school in time for my last class. I went to my locker and Caleb was there. He grabbed my book and walked me to class. I went in and again I was being stared at by everyone. I was just going to have to get used to that, I guess. Class went by really fast and when it was over I left heading towards my locker and Caleb was at my side at once. We went to my locker to get my stuff then to his locker to get his. We headed out to my car and I felt the familiar buzzing of my phone alerting me to a text message. I looked down and all it said was taken care of love dad! A big smile spread across my face causing Caleb to smile too as he looked down at me.

“I love seeing you smile, you have smiled and laughed so much this past week. It makes me so happy that your happy! What did the text mean?” I tired really hard not to think about what the text meant so he wouldn’t know.

“ It was from my dad, he took care of something for me, is all, I’ll tell you later! Let’s go,” I said, pulling on his arm toward my car and minutes later we were heading towards the mall.

I went into every shop. I wanted to get presents for my dad, my new brothers, and Caleb. I chose a beautiful new watch for my dad, a Wii for the boys, and picture made of me for Caleb. I bought myself four new outfits even though I had only worn this one outfit from that huge closet. I bought a TV for my room, and some books. I bought a journal to keep at my dads and some new notebooks for school.

Caleb looked down at me and smiled. “This is all you bought? How about we get a DVD player for that TV for your room and get some movies. Let’s go back to that book store, I saw you looking at other books and you kept frowning and putting them back. Go back there and get what you want.”

“There won’t be any room left in the car,” I said

“We can have it delivered or how about this… you go and get the stuff you want, clothes, shoes, books, anything and I’ll call Steven and the boys and they will bring another car or two! You need to learn how to shop like a girl!” He smiled at me. “Go!”

So I went and got about fifty more books, I went to bath and body works and stocked up, I got new make up, new Pjs, new under garments, I got more clothes then I knew what to do with. I had so much fun. I got shoes, hair products, I got Caleb a new watch also. I told Caleb to pick me out a DVD player and I picked out about a hundred movies. I got a big cabinet for my TV, DVD player, and all the DVDs. That was being delivered later today.

I was so tired by the time I got to the car I let Caleb drive. I fell asleep on the way back to the house. He carried me up to my room and put me into the bed. He brought all the bags in and put them by my new cabinet for my TV and stuff. He put that stuff together then left me to sleep. When I woke up I was starving, but I heard my dad’s voice and I really wanted to give him his present so I yelled down to him for him to please come up here. He knocked on my door. He got a smile on his face when he saw the cabinet and the bags.

“I see you did some shopping, but Caleb told me he had to make you!” He shook his head at me. “You going to have to get used to shopping.”

I walked over to the bags and grabbed a black box out, making sure it was the one I wanted, and walked back over to my bed where he was sitting. I looked at him and handed him the box.

“ I wanted to get you something and I didn’t know what to get, I noticed you don’t wear a watch so I got you this one,” I told him. He opened the box and a smile spread across his face.

“Thank you it’s lovely.” He put it on and kissed my forehead. “ I love it and I love you.”

“Where is everyone?” I asked him

“They’re in the living room watching some game on TV. They didn’t want to disturb you.”

“Thank you, I have something for them all too, could you send Thomas, Steven, and Matthew up here for me please?”

“Of course, honey. Are you hungry? I’ll send Caleb out for some food for you.”

“ That would be great dad. Thanks”

I walked over to find the Wii and the games amongst all the bags. When they knocked on my door I was already on my bed waiting. I had the Wii wrapped with the games too. I told them to come in and they entered my room quickly.

“I got something for you guys today. I just wanted to tell you I love having big brothers now and I love you all so much. I hope you like this and we can have fun with it.”

I handed them the box and the bag of games. They tore into the paper and yelled ’cool’ all at the same time. “ Thanks lil sis. You’re the coolest!”

“ I’ll come down in a while and we can play it, okay?”

“Don’t you have to go home?” Steven asked

“No, Dad took care of it. Don’t tell Caleb yet though. Is he back yet? If he is could you send him up. If he’s not send him up when he gets here.”

“He’s not back yet, but when he gets back we’ll send him up,” Steven said.

“Love ya sis,” they all said together and each of them gave me a huge hug.

“I love you all too,” I told them. They left the room with huge smiles on their faces carrying the wii and games out with them.

I went over to go through my bags and put the clothes away. I got everything put away and a shower taken before Caleb got back. I had his two presents sitting on my bed. I was in my new cotton pajamas when he knocked on the door. I told him to come in , and when I walked out of my closet his mouth just about hit the floor!

“Hey you! I have something for you.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the bed. “Here.” I gave him the picture of me in the frame first. He opened it and smiled at me and bent down and kissed me slow and gentle. Then I gave him the watch. He opened the black box and smiled, then looked up at me.

“I love both of my presents,’ he said. “As it so happens I got you two presents today too. But before you get them you need to eat! Let’s go downstairs and get your food and then before you go home I’ll give them to you,” he told me

“Well, that is your third gift, I’m staying here tonight, my dad took care of it. That was the text message! I don’t know how he did it, but he did. Guess I better ask how. So can I have my presents now!”

“Yeah, I guess.” He pulled out a small gift bag and in it was a purple I-pod already loaded with all my favorite songs on it. “I love it. I’ve always wanted one of these,” I told him.

“I knew you didn’t get everything you wanted. I could tell it. I heard you say you always wanted one but you didn’t get it, so I got it for you. The other present you didn’t see.”

He handed me a black box this time, I opened it up and gasped. My eyes got tears in them and I had to sit down. It was a tear drop diamond necklace. It was so beautiful. I brushed my finger around the tear shape with it still in the box. Caleb took the box away from me and took the necklace out of them box then he helped me put it on. I vowed to never take it off, in my head.

“ I wouldn’t go that far, you have some amazing necklaces in that cabinet in there. I’m just happy you like it!”

“Like it, I love it. Just like I love you. Thank you!” I grabbed him and kissed him.

I didn’t have to do anything. It was Friday night and my dad had cleared my whole weekend. He told my family that he was taking us to San Francisco to go to some museum there and sight seeing, he asked if I could go and they said sure. So I had a whole weekend to spend with my real family. The real people I loved!

I couldn’t believe it, a whole weekend to spend in my room. We headed downstairs to get my food since they didn’t eat. But, they were going hunting “Vegetarian style” tonight while I slept. I ate dinner then played the Wii with the boys for a couple of hours. Then Caleb and I went to my room to watch a movie. I feel asleep in the middle of the movie and he left so he could go hunting. I felt him kiss me and heard him whisper “I’ll see you in the morning beautiful. I love you my Arabella!” Then he went downstairs to meet his brothers and my dad, I heard the door shut quietly then he was gone.

The next morning I woke up, stretched, and looked around my room. I had to smile, I had felt like it was all a crazy dream, but when I woke up in that big bed I knew better.
I got up and grabbed my cell phone to call my other house, you know, ham it up a little. So I dialed the number and Kylie picked up.

“Hello,” she said

“Hey, Kylie! Its me, I was just calling to tell everyone Hi and thanks for letting me go.”

“I can’t believe they let you go, are you having fun?” she asked


“Yeah, I’m having a blast. You should see my room, well the room I’m staying in. It has a huge bed and my own bathroom with a huge tub,” I told her

“They got you your own suite!” She was shocked.

“Yeah, isn’t that cool. I have to go, we are heading to the natural history museum today! Bye,” I told her.

“Yeah, bye.” I heard her say Lucky under her breath before she hung up. I couldn’t help the giggle that came out of me at her saying that about me.

I got to thinking she still didn’t ask about the car. I wonder what she told everyone about it at home. I got up and went through my closet into my bathroom. I just took a shower this morning instead of a long bath. I was getting a little hungry, so I got in and hurried up. I brushed my teeth when I was done and headed into my closet. I found one of the outfits I had bought the day before, it was a blue jean mini skirt with dark blue tights, and a white short sleeve shirt with a blue vest on top. I put on the necklace Caleb had given me and the blue ballet slippers. Then I headed downstairs for breakfast. I only made it to the second floor and Caleb was walking out of his room. He smiled and grabbed my hand.

“Hungry?”

“Yeah, starved!” I told him

“Well, good. We are going out for breakfast, then we have to go to a museum so you can get some props for when you go home. Have you ever been to the Natural History Museum in San Francisco?”

“No, why?” I asked. He just smiled and pulled me along. “ I thought we were going to do a tour of the house today, silly. I still don’t know where anything is.”

“We can do that later tonight, lets get going!” He drove today because I had no idea where we were going. He drove all the way there.

It didn’t even take that long with the way he was driving. I looked down at the clock and it said it was 1 o’clock. He took me straight to the museum first. He paid for our way in, and a tour. We were there for three hours and finally were finished. It was a cool place, but I really wanted to be back at the house.

I got a couple of souvenirs and we left the museum. He took me to lunch at a great Mexican restaurant. Then he looked down at me and asked me if I wanted to do some shopping before we left. I told him not today. He just laughed and we headed back to the car and towards home.

When we got there, I went up to my room; I was a little tired of all that walking around so I took a little nap. When I woke up I walked over to my desk to get on my computer for a few minutes then I grabbed my I-pod and went downstairs. All the guys were on the couches playing the Wii. I had to smile at them they were booing each other and razzing each other like normal ball players! I actually was looking for my dad.

“He’s at work right now. He should be home in about twenty minutes. Are you ready for that tour yet?”

“Yeah sure, but I need to talk to my dad as soon as he gets here.”

“Okay we will start with the third floor there is something in your room I want you to see that I don’t think you’ve noticed.”

We went up to my room and when I walked in he stopped me just inside the door and he closed it and backed me up to it. He kissed me until I was light headed. When he was finished I looked up at him.

“Was that what you wanted to show me?” I asked with a smile, hoping he would show me again and again.

“No!” he said with a laugh.

“Then what was that for?” I asked him.

“I couldn’t go one minute longer with out kissing My Arabella, that’s all. What I wanted to show you is over here.”

He led me to my two windows in my room, they were floor to ceiling length and just wide enough to allow a person to fit through, not like the windows downstairs. But when I actually looked at them good, they weren’t windows they were doors. He opened the one up for me and motioned for me to look. When I did I gasped in shock. I looked out and it was a balcony. It was the length of that side of the house and it was private. It had chairs and tables every so often and little planters hanging from it with flowers overflowing from them.

“Your own private balcony. You didn’t see this did you?”

“No, this is too much!” I looked out over the land and it was beautiful. I could see all the way to the mountains. “I’m never going to want to leave!”

He laughed and smiled at me. “ I never want you to leave, but Jonathan told them you’d be back tomorrow.” We just stood there for a while looking out over the land. He had come up behind me and wrapped his strong arms around me I felt utterly safe and blissful! He put his head down on my shoulders and whispered, “ I love you, lets get this tour over with”

He took me down to the second floor and I had to ask something. It seemed weird to me that there was nothing else on the third floor.

“Hey Caleb is there nothing else on the third floor?” I asked puzzled

“Yeah, I’m sorry you dad’s room is the only other room up there.”

“Okay, so what’s on this floor?” I asked.

“The Library which you’ve already seen, we also have a home theater its in that room.” I looked in and gasped again.

“If this is here why didn’t we watch Twilight in here?”

“I don’t know, we should have, maybe we could watch a movie in here tonight!” He paused briefly thinking about something then closed the door. “There is also extra bedroom right across the hall and an extra bathroom for guests, then we have Steven’s room, Thomas’s room, and Matthew’s room.” He looked at the next door and opened it and motioned for me to go in it. So I did. “ This is my room.”

His room was smaller than mine but not by much, it was all variations of the color brown. He had a huge TV on one wall, a light tan leather sofa on a wall by a huge wall sized window, a sound system with cd’s by it on the opposite wall. But, no bed. Of course not stupid he doesn’t sleep, I thought to myself. I heard him giggle at my thoughts. I walked over to look out his window and it was a totally different view from mine. It was of a part of the Sol Duc River. It was breathtaking. He came up behind me again and pulled me onto the couch. We sat there quietly, me in his arms for a long time until he heard my dad come home.

“Your dad’s home.”

“Okay, I need to talk to him, do you mind?”

“Why would I mind, he’s your dad. You go talk to him. I’ll see you in a little while, I know…I’ll meet you in the theater and we will watch that movie.”

“After you finish the tour. What’s downstairs silly?”

“Let’s finish that when you get done, meet me right back here.”

“Okay.” I kissed him again and walked out of his room.

I ran down stairs to find my dad. He was standing there watching the boys play baseball on the Wii. He looked up when I came into the room and smiled.

“Dad can we talk? Alone?”

“Yeah, sure sweetie. Let’s go to your room.” So we walked up there and walked in. He led the way out to my balcony and he sat down in one of the chairs.

“So honey, what did you want to talk about?”

“Well, I was hoping you would tell me about mom. What was she like?”

“Of course I’ll tell you what she was like. She was a lot like you. You look just like her! She was a cheerleader, but the smart kind. She had a 4.0 gpa, as I hear you do too. She was sweet, kind, and loving to everyone she met. She loved you more than anything, more than me even! Have you looked in the third drawer of your jewelry cabinet yet?”

“No why?”

“Let’s go have a look.” He led the way into my closet and went to the cabinet. When we got in there he opened the third draw up and let me look in it. I looked up at him and he explained, “All this was her jewelry. I hope you enjoy it.” I picked up a beautiful diamond ring and looked at it. “That is her wedding ring.” I looked up and smiled at him. He took it and slipped it on my finger. It was a perfect fit, it sparkled in the light. “I so wish you would have gotten to know her. She would be so happy right now that we were back together.”

“That was something I wanted to talk to you about daddy, I want to come and live with you. I don’t want to have to leave you anymore. I love it here, I love my room, and the boys. I love being able to see you when ever I want.”

“I wish that were possible too, sweetheart. I will see what I can do. I can’t make any promises, but we will see. I would love for you to live with me. Nothing would make me happier. Just like nothing makes me happier than to see you happy. Which is why I must ask you this question. Are you in love with Caleb?”

He caught me off guard with that question but I still answered fast. “Yes daddy, I do love him. Are you alright with me being in love with him?”

“Yeah sweetie, I am alight with it, but you do know you’ll have to be careful. I don’t really want you to become like us, but if you end up wanting that we will see what we can do.”

“Really? You mean I would be able to stay with you all forever!”

“Yeah, but you and Caleb need to talk about this first. Lets just let that part play out. Like I said, I really don’t want that for you. Let’s see if we can make it where you could live with us first!”

“Okay daddy. You know what?”

“What sweetie?”

“I love you, and I’m so happy we found each other! I have another question for you.”

“Go ahead,” He said.

“How in the world am I going to explain the car?” He laughed.

“Tell them what Caleb told you to tell them, it’s his and he let you have it!” He kissed me on the forehead and hugged me. I loved his hugs! “ I love you sweetie”

“I love you too daddy!” I got up and walked to the door, “if you don’t mind I need to change.”

He got up and kissed me on the forehead again and walked out of my room. I decided to change clothes, how else was I going to even be able to wear half the clothes in that closet!



So I picked out a pair of dark blue jeans, a pair of really cute white flip flops and a white  short sleeve baby doll top, it hung to about mid calf on my jeans. I let my hair flow down my back.  I kept the jewelry I already had on, including the ring of my mothers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More