Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Unbreakable Bond Chapter 14 - Life Altering Decision








Chapter 14 ~ Life Altering Decision



You are the one who must choose your place.
~James Lane Allen



As I walked into my grandma’s house I could feel my inner being trying to battle with my mind. Who should I chose? Which one do I love?

I love Taylor, but I know now that I love Liam too. I could feel it in that kiss. I could feel the love flowing from me to him and from him to me. It was a connection on a higher level.

I needed to know what to do, I needed someone to tell me what to do. So I went to the only person I knew could help me. She had helped me from the beginning, when my mom was unable to help me. I went to my grandma. She was in the kitchen, looking at the paperwork for the store. I sat down across from her placing my hands folded on the table, looking at them in silence, she looked up at me and smiled.

“Did you have fun?” I nodded my head, still not looking at her. “Alex, what’s going on?” she asked, placing her hand on my hands.

I finally looked up at her with tears in my eyes. I was scared to make the wrong choice. I didn’t want to hurt Liam or lose him in my life, but I didn’t want to hurt Taylor either. I loved them both and it was crushing me.

“Grandma, I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused…” I couldn’t finish what I was saying because by then I was crying too hard.

“Alex, honey, you have to give me more than that. What’s got you so upset?”

“Well, you know I’ve been dating Taylor for a long time, several years, and I love him a lot. We talk about going off to college together next year and he even mentioned marring me one day. I’m happy about all that, I love him. But there’s part of me that loves someone else too. I was always scared to admit it, even to myself, but I know it now. I love Liam too. I don’t know who to pick…” I whispered the last sentence, more to myself then to her. She smiled at me and I could see love and compassion in her eyes.

“Alex, listen to me. You are so grown up now. You know what you should do, in your heart. You need to listen to your heart is what I’m saying. Its telling you what to do, I can see that. You just don’t want to hurt anyone, am I right?” I shook my head at her question. “Well, that makes you a good person, a loving person. You love both of them, but one you love more and you know this. Give it some it time, you’ll be able to make the choice, you will know what to do.” I nodded my head and brushed my tears away with my fingers.



She was right, I knew in my heart who I loved more. I loved Liam with my whole heart and soul. He knew me better then I knew myself half the time. I could always tell him anything, he would always listen without judging me and I loved that about him. I nodded my head again at my grandma, and with a small smile, I got up from the table, took a deep breath and headed up the stairs to get some sleep.

As I passed the living room, I saw Seth picking Carolyn up. He looked down at her face and whispered to her and I heard what he said plain as day. “I Love You Carolyn. One of these days I’m going to tell you how much you mean to me. I just hope you love me too.” He hadn’t noticed I was there until I took a step towards the stairs. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I let him go first up the stairs and watched as my uncle took care of my best friend. I wish my choice would be as easy as hers; Carolyn didn’t love anyone else. I knew she loved Seth though. She had it easy, all she needed to do was tell him. I had to break someone’s heart.

Seth put Caro down on the bed and went to walk out of the room, but he stopped when he made it to the door, turning towards me.

“Hey, come to room for a minute.” I did as he asked. “You heard what I said didn’t you?” I nodded my head. “ Please don’t tell her.” Again I nodded my head, but I needed to know why I couldn’t tell her how he felt.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m not ready for her to know yet. Actually I’m a little scared of her reaction to the news.” I smiled at him.

“ I can tell you one thing, she has feelings for you too. She’s just as scared as you.” I started to walk out of his room smiling as I went, my troubles forgotten for a minute, until Seth’s next statement that is.

“You know Liam loves you, right? He does. He misses you all the time. Just give him a shot. Trust me, you wont regret it.” I just shook my head at him again and left the room.

When I feel asleep that night I dreamed of my life with Liam. I dreamed of dancing with him at our wedding, of me pregnant with his baby, our house together, pictures of our life together just kept flashing behind my lids. I wanted it all. Hopefully I would get it.

The next morning I woke up ready to spend the day with the one that I had dreamed of all night long. I couldn’t wait to get dressed and head down stairs where I knew he would be, but when I got down there he was nowhere to be found. Okay, maybe he’s just running a little late. Maybe he got caught up and he’ll be around in just a little bit.


My thoughts didn't turn into reality. I sat there eating lunch and he still hadn’t come around. Seth and Carolyn had gone into Port Angeles to go shopping and have lunch and I stayed here waiting for Liam. Right about now I was wishing I had gone with them though.

Around three in the afternoon I headed down to the beach and sat down on the log we always sat on. I had a weird feeling I was being watched, so I turned around to look to see who it was watching me and saw Liam by the trees. The exact same spot I had seen him the first time I saw him. He only had on a pair of shorts, no shirt, which was weird because I was freezing. I looked at him as he came over to me. He wouldn’t look me in the eyes.

“Liam…” I started to ask him where he had been but he stopped me.

“Alex, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to make you wait for me, I had to do something and I didn’t know about it last night. I…um… oh Alex, please forgive me?” He looked so upset that I let him get away with standing me up. I placed my hand on his cheek and he leaned into my hand it was so sweet.

“It’s okay Liam, just don’t let it happen again,” I told him giggling, showing him I was being sarcastic with the last part. He smiled at me and I dropped my hand from his face.

“Do you want to go see a movie? I can be ready in like ten minutes and we can head to Port Angeles and watch whatever movie you want.” I smiled at him and nodded my head.

“I would love that.” I went to stand up and slipped on the slippery rocks of the beach and fell right into him. He wrapped his arms around me and caught me. I felt so comfortable in his arms that I sighed and laid my head on his chest. He held me for a minute then I pulled back. He winked at me and grabbed my hand as he walked me back to Sue’s house.

He kissed my cheek and I walked in to get dressed. I took a shower first using my favorite coconut shampoo, then when I was done I got out and heard him already down stairs talking to my grandma. I shook my head, he was fast. I dried off and went in to pick out something to wear. I picked my black and white strapless dress and my little black shrug. I grabbed my silver grayish heels and put them on too. I went in and fixed my hair, letting it just hang down my back, but I put some extra curls in it. When I was all done with my hair and makeup, I grabbed my purse and put my bracelet and a black onyx ring on. I took one look at myself in the mirror. Okay Alex, go get what you want.

I very slowly made my way down the stairs and Liam must have heard me because he was at the bottom staring up at me. I heard him whisper ‘wow’ and I smiled at him. When I got to the bottom of the stairs he took my hand and kissed me on the cheek, making me blush of course.

He was such a gentleman with me and I loved that about him. Taylor was never like that with me. One point in Liam’s favor.

I looked back at him and he smiled at me, never letting go of my hand. I said goodnight to my grandma and we headed out the door. Liam laid his hand on the small of my back and led me out the door to his car. I had never seen his new car before, only heard about it, and what he told me over the phone did not do it justice.

He went over to the passenger side and opened the door for me with a smile on his face.

“Do you like it?”

All I could do was nod my head, something that I had been doing a lot of lately. He laughed at my reaction and helped me into his Blue with a white racing strip, 2010 Dodge viper. It was beautiful with gray interior. I slid into the leather seat still stunned at this car. I thought my car was gorgeous, but damn, this car blew mine right out of the water.

It was a great ride to Port Angeles, we talked about school and about where I was going to College. I told him I was already excepted into Harvard, Stanford, and University of California. I told him I really wanted to go to Harvard Law. I wanted to be a lawyer really badly. But, Taylor wanted to go to University of California, the only reason I really applied to that school in the first place. I didn’t tell that to Liam, I didn’t want to bring Taylor up at all.

When we got to the theater, again Liam came to my side and opened my door helping me out of the car. He very gently held my hand and again led me to the theater, paying for our tickets to see some love story that I knew I wouldn’t be paying attention to really. When we got in he went to the concession stand and brought back all my favorites; Milk duds, Popcorn, Gummy bears, and a coke. I looked up at him and he smirked at me.

“What, did I get something wrong?”

“Nope, how did you know what I wanted without even asking?” I asked him, popping a milk dud into my mouth.

“I know you silly.” I just shook my head at him.

Another point to Liam, he knew me and knew what I wanted without having to ask. Taylor always forgot all my likes and dislikes. He never really cared to remember, even though I knew all his.

We walked into the theater and got our seats and I couldn’t help but look at him out of the corner of my eye.

He was watching me too, so I acted like I was watching the movie trailers. I grabbed some popcorn from the bag and ate it. When the lights went down the electricity between us was driving me insane. He reached over and took my hand in his, holding it. Ever so softly, he rubbed his thumb over my hand making circles on my skin.

I acted like I was tired in the middle of the movie and leaned my head against the back of the seat. Liam was watching every move I made and he lifted the armrest up, leaned over wrapping his arm around me. I leaned into him and rested my head on his shoulder, very content, very content with where I was at the moment. The movie was over too fast for my liking and Liam acted the same way. I could stay in his arms forever….

I think I might have just made my mind up, I knew where I wanted to be. My answer was Liam. I wanted Liam and needed Liam. It always had been Liam, I had just been fighting against it.

I looked up at him and very slowly placed my lips to his, very gently he kissed me back. He slid his tongue across my bottom lip and I let him have what we both wanted. Our tongues met and the electricity I had been feeling exploded. My hands reached up and tangled in his hair. His were in mine as well.

When we broke the kiss, a kiss that had more passion then any I ever shared with Taylor, we were both gasping for air. I was left wanting more though, I wanted to give him all of me - something I never wanted to give Taylor, if I was being truthful with myself. I could see he felt the same way, so we both got up and left the theater. The thing is, I didn’t want my first time to be in a car either. I didn’t think we were going to get what we wanted tonight. I was wrong about that though.

He took me back to my grandma’s but stopped when he went to turn the car off, he turned towards me.

“Do you want to go for a walk before you go in?” I nodded my head. I wasn’t really ready to be away from him at the moment.

He took my hand and led me towards the woods, a place I hadn’t been since I got lost in there. When we got to the edge I wouldn’t go in, I was scared of these woods still to this day.

“Alex, I wont let you get hurt or lost, I promise. Please come with me?” He looked at me but I didn’t want to look at him. It was dark in there and I was still scared even though I knew he wouldn’t let me get hurt or lost. “ Do you want to go back?” I shook my head and he made me look at him the way he always did. He took me in his arms and picked me up. He carried me for a while, I had no clue where he was going, I could only hope he did.

When he put me down, he looked at me as I looked around. I was standing by a log that was down on the ground, it was cleared out, but it also felt familiar to me.

“Its where I found your bracelet,” he told me in a whisper.

He brought me to a place where my world had shattered. I looked at him puzzled, why would he bring me here? This place held only misery for me. Seeing the questions in my eyes he spoke again.

“This is a place I come to all the time. I feel close to you here. I want to turn this into a good place, a happy place for you instead of what it is. Alex, I love you. I have loved you for so long. I know you can feel it and you felt it in the theater, I could see it in your eyes. I want to show you how much I love you. Will you let me?”

I stood there for a few minutes, it was something I wanted, but I still didn’t like this place. I looked into his eyes and the place we were sort of slipped away, it was just Liam and me. I smiled at him and whispered what I wanted, what my body craved.

“Make love to me Liam.”

He walked towards me and I was trembling with anticipation. I was scared at the same time though. I knew I wanted it, and him. When he reached me, he very gently placed his hands on the sides of my face and kissed me, lighting the fire inside me again. He gently wrapped his arms around me slipped the shrug of my shoulders and unzipped my dress. He placed his hands back up to my neck and gently and slowly slipped my dress off of me. I was standing there in my strapless bra and my black lace underwear. I heard his breath hitch and he breathed the word beautiful. I leaned into him and kissed him, my hands taking his shirt over his head. When I got that off I let my fingers trail down his rock hard abs to his pants. I unhooked the button and slowly slipped his pants down his legs.

I looked at the perfect man in front of me and loved what I saw. We kissed again, this time with more passion and he gently lowered us to the ground.

He unhooked my bra and lowered it from my body and kissed down my neck until he reached my breasts, taking one of them into his mouth and gently tugging on it. It felt so good. I wanted more, and he did the same to the opposite side. He let his hand trail down my stomach until he reached my panties and looked me in the eyes making sure it was okay. I nodded and he slid his hand under them, hooking his fingers under the band of them and pulled them down.

They were all the way off now and laying on the ground with the rest of my clothes, which were on top of his. He very gently came back up my legs one hand on each leg and when he made it to my core, he looked at me.

“Keep your eyes on me.” I nodded my head.

He took his hand and slowly slid his fingers between my lips and applied pressure to my clit, then headed down to my entrance and entered me with one finger. Gauging my reaction, I knew the actual deed was going to hurt. I was a virgin. But this did not hurt at all. He let another finger enter me slowly and pumped them in and out in a rhythmic pace. I felt a tightening in my stomach and knew it was coming. He had me already there, waiting for release. He pumped harder this time and I fell off the cliff, my legs shaking as the sensation of my orgasm had its way with me.

“Do you know how beautiful you are?” he whispered.

I just smiled at him and rode the orgasm out. After the few seconds it took him to put on the condom, he placed himself at my entrance and very slowly pressed himself into me. To say it didn’t hurt would be a lie, because it hurt like hell. But after a while, I got used to his size and it started to feel good, really good. He reached down and circled my clit with his finger and I got off again. He shuddered with me this time, both of us reaching our peak at the same time.

After our breathing came back down to normal, he took himself out of me, and cradled me to his side. I laid there with my head on his chest and for once felt complete.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he looked down at me. I nodded my head, a little tired. He kissed my forehead and told me something I really didn’t want to hear. “We better get going, you’re grandma is probably wondering where we are.” I groaned a little, I really didn’t want to move from where we were. He smiled at me and laughed. He leaned up with me in his arms and helped me get up.

I got my dress back on and he zipped me back up and put my shrug back on. I fixed my hair and made sure you couldn’t tell I had been laying on the ground. Liam came back over to me and took my hand in his and kissed my hand, my neck, then softly planted a kiss on my lips. It was a soft, quick kiss though. I must have made a face at him because he laughed.

“ Come on beautiful, we have to go.”

He kissed me goodnight when we made it back to my grandma’s and I went in, straight up to my room. I got undressed and jumped in the shower. Carolyn was sitting on the bed when I walked back into the room.

“Okay spill,” she said.

I told her everything. I always did, she ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’ in all the right places, I loved her for that. She was so happy for me.

“So, I guess Taylor’s out finally.”

“I guess so, now all I have to do is find out how I’m going to tell him,” I said, as I closed my eyes and fell fast asleep.


The next morning I woke up a little sore, but I was so happy. I couldn’t wait to see Liam. I wanted to spend the day together on the beach. But again I couldn’t find him anywhere. I went to his house and no one was there, I went down to the beach, not there. I didn’t know what else to do.

So I headed back to my grandma’s to wait. He never showed up. I was so worried by noon that I called his house, his mom told me that she was sorry she was supposed to call me, but a family emergency came up and he had to go away for the day. I was okay after that, a little sad, because I missed him, but I was okay. I knew he was okay.

He came over to my grandma’s around eight o’clock that night and he looked so exhausted and upset. I took one look at him and hugged him, he looked so sad that I just had to hold him.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

He just nodded, I hated seeing him like this. He kissed the top of my head and whispered how much he missed me today and how sorry he was that I worried about him. I told him to forget it, he was here now and that was all that mattered. We stayed in my grandma’s living room talking until around midnight, that’s when I must have fallen asleep in his arms. I vaguely remember him picking me up and taking me to my room, but after that I don’t remember anything.

The next morning I woke up excited again, hopefully I would get my day with him on the beach, but that idea was scrapped as soon as I looked out the window, it was raining.
Okay fine, we can stay in and watch a movie or something.

I got dressed and headed down stairs and he was there waiting for me with a sad face. I knew it already, he had something else to do and he couldn’t spend the day with me… again. I shook my head at him and walked into the kitchen. He knew I was upset with him, he could tell by the look on my face, he followed me and grabbed me around the waist pulling me into him.

“I’m sorry, I wish I could explain it to you or take you with me, but I can’t.” That’s when we heard a wolf howl and I jumped, he held on tighter and a short laugh came from his lips. “I have to go. I love you, you know that right?” I nodded and he kissed me real fast on the lips and he was gone.

The whole day I kept hearing wolves howling they sounded so close to the rez, I even asked my grandma about them but she just shrugged it off. She told me wolves were sacred to the tribe so it was a good thing they were close, they protected the tribe. I had no clue what she meant by that but I let it go anyway.

The rest of the week went like this, I only saw Liam a couple more times and only for a few minutes here and a few minutes there. I was frustrated, I gave up my whole senior spring break for him and he does this to me. He made love to me and now he’s treating me like I’m nothing, I didn’t understand what was going on at all. I was pissed to say the least.

It was my last day there and I was fed up with him, I had never been as angry as I was right now. I headed to his house to get my answers and tell him goodbye, because we were leaving. When I came around the corner, my world was shattered and the pieces blew away with the wind.

Liam was hugging a girl who was crying in his arms. He had another girl….

That’s why he was too busy for me…he got what he wanted from me.

I turned around and ran back to my grandma’s house, without a word for him. I ran up to my room and packed my bags, Carolyn came running in the room after me.

“What’s going on? What’s wrong Alex?”

I looked at her and started crying, falling to the floor.

“He…..was ….holding another…girl in his…..arms. He has another….girl,” I told her through the sobs.

She stormed out of the room going God knows where. I stood back up and finished packing. Carolyn and Seth came back up to the room together and Carolyn got packed with Seth’s help. He kept giving me this look of pity, or like he knew something and he was holding back from me. I even asked him, he just said sorry.

I went down stairs so they could say bye to each other and went into to say goodbye to my grandma. I didn’t tell her what I saw or how I was feeling, instead I just told her I was sad I was leaving.

“Me too sweetie, just make sure you come back and see me soon, okay?” I nodded my head, knowing I wasn’t coming back to this place, nothing but bad things happened when I was here. I told her I loved her and walked out the door to put my things in my car.

Carolyn and Seth came out a few minutes later with her bags. I got in my car and started it up. I was looking forward, giving Seth and Carolyn a moment, totally lost in my thoughts and I didn’t even realize when Liam showed up beside my car.

“Were you going to leave without saying goodbye to me?” he asked, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I took one look at him and broke down.

“Yes I was and you know why. You hurt me again. I’m so stupid, I shouldn’t have ever trusted you again,” I whispered. I shut my door and waited for Carolyn to get in my car, she did really fast and I backed out and drove away, not even looking back this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More