Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

Broken Sun Chapter 12 - My trip





Chapter 12 - My trip

I walked out of the castle, just headed out for a walk, when I thought about what I really wanted to do, I ran back in and grabbed my bag.  I threw a couple changes of cloths in it and some money then ran back out. I knew Aro would not approve of this, I was so glad that he couldn’t just hear my thought, that he would have to touch me.  I had been avoiding that at all costs lately.  On my way out I bumped back into him.

    “Sorry again!  I forgot something.  I wanted to get Felix a present and forgot my money!”  I hurried though an explanation and then excused myself really fast.  He just smiled at me.  I don’t think he was suspicious at all.

I ran all the way down to my car and got in and took off.  I went to the regular airport, so Aro wouldn’t know where I was going, I went to the ticket counter.  The man at the counters, heart went wild at the sight of me, I smiled at him and it beat even faster.  I told him I needed a ticket to Seattle Washington.  He told me I would have to take a small plane from Seattle to Port Angeles, then a car to Forks.  I told him that was fine.  I thought I would probably drive from Seattle straight to Forks.  He handed me my ticket and then I waited thirty minutes for the plane to board.  I had bought a first class ticket, and there weren’t many people even on the plane let alone in first class. 

It was a long flight, I had to get off one plane and board another, before even getting to Seattle.  But, when I got to Seattle, I got all nervous!  I went over and got a rental car first, I told them I would need it for two days.  I paid for the car and went out with my bags in my hand.  I got a silver Volvo, just so I didn’t look conspicuous.  I drove all the way to Forks.  I remembered the way perfectly!  I pulled up along the road near the wood of the 101, then I ran through the woods towards his house, I ran right through a beautiful meadow and I thought to myself that I would have to stop there on my way back. 

I finally made it to the beautiful place he lived.  I could see it from the river, I saw a boulder and sat on it.  It was about four in the morning and the house was full of light, I could see them all moving around the bottom floor.  The really big one and the other guy, I think his name was Jasper,. was watching some kind of game on the TV, I think it’s called football.  The leader was sitting on a chair talking to his wife.  She was holding a piece of paper in her hand.  The other two girls must have been upstairs somewhere.  But where was he at?

Then all of the sudden he came down the stairs and I saw him.  He was beautiful!  I just couldn’t keep my eye’s off of him, He stopped at the bottom of the stairs to talk to the pixie looking girl, where had she come from?  I thought.  I hadn’t seen her in there at all.  All of the sudden he looked out the back glass wall, right at me.  He started to come out the back door, I stood up and ran away.  I made it all the way back to the hotel without him catching me.  How did he know I was out here?  Plus, I didn’t get a chance to see that meadow!  I started to pace around my room, in the seconds our eye’s meet I felt something incredible go through me.  I felt real love and it came right from him.  It wasn’t anything like the feeling I get from Felix, nothing at all.  I wanted to go back there, I wanted to talk to him, but I was so scarred!  I decided I would take a bath and get changed and wait a little while, then I would go and see that meadow first, then go back to that beautiful house. 

I took my bath and changed really quickly, I was so antsy to get back there, to see his face again.  I wanted to touch his glorious face.  I wanted so much more right now, that I didn’t know what I was even thinking or feeling.  I knew in that one second that our eye’s meet that I didn’t love Felix at all.  I never had loved him, they were lying to me.  I didn’t want to go back, but I knew I had to.  I was going to see him again first though.  I ran back out of the hotel and got into my car, I made it to the 101 highway, where I had pulled off before and went straight to that wonderful meadow. 

I stood at the entrance to it for a minute, I had a feeling like I had been here before, I walked on and sat on the ground and again that feeling overwhelmed me.  I sat there crying those goofy tearless sobs for a long time, that pull I was always feeling was still pulling me, but it was pulling me towards him.  He was that pull!  I wish I could understand it all, I wish I had my memories back.  I wish I could…  I had to pause that thought because I heard someone near by.  I stood off and took off running in the direction of his house.  I went to that same stone by the river, I could see everything in the house again, the first thing I saw was him. 

I smiled to myself, he was playing the piano, I could hear the song it was so beautiful.  I thought about it, while I listened.  All of the sudden I remembered it, that was written for me, when I was human, he wrote that song for me.  He was playing my lullaby.  I sat there just listening to him playing, I wasn’t paying attention at all.  All of the sudden someone’s hand was on my shoulder, it was the small pixie like girl.  She smiled at me and I felt like she was my best friend so I smiled back.


“Bella, I can’t believe it’s you.  Do you know who I am?”

    “Not really.  I don’t remember any of you, I remember that song though.  Could I ask you something?”

    “Of course Bella, you can ask me anything.  You’re my best friend! Your were going to be my sister.” Alice said to me.

    “Your name is Alice right?”

    “Yeah, I’m Alice.”

    “Well, Alice that song he’s playing is my song right?  I mean he wrote that for me!”

    “Yes he did, you remembered that?  Do remember him at all?”

“I only remember bit’s and pieces of who I was and who he is.  I want to remember it all, but it just isn’t coming.  I have to go.  I know Aro is probably really worried about me, they have no clue where I went.  I just knew I wanted to see him in person.  The pictures didn’t do him justice in the least bit.  Alice, I want to know, what happened to me.  Do you know?”

She stopped talking for a minute, then she looked at the house and then back at me.  I didn’t understand what she was doing.  I was paying to much attention to her that I had let my shield down.  I through it back up, I didn’t know what kinds of powers they had and I didn’t want anything to happen. 

    “I think Edward should tell you that.  Please don’t run if he comes down here, please stay for a while.”  She asked, I started to shake my head no, she took my hand and I looked at her and she smiled.

    “Ok Alice, he can come down here, but he has to stay over there.”  I pointed to the other side of the river.  She shook her head yes and I saw him walk out of the house.  I watched every step he took, then I looked up towards the house and everyone was looking at me.  “Alice, I can’t.  I have to go!”  I got up to leave and he was by my side by the time it took for me to stand up.

    “Please don’t run from me, Bella please don’t go.”  he begged.  I looked up into his gorgeous golden eyes and my heart just melted.  I shook my head yes and sat back down.  I looked at the ground the whole time.   “Alice could you give us some time to talk alone?” he asked her, she was already shaking her head no when I spoke.

    “If she goes, I’m leaving.”  was all I said.  I looked over at her and asked her something else.  “Alice, how did you know what I was going to say? You shook your head no before I even spoke.”

“I have a special extra power like you, I can see the future.”

    “Oh.” That was the only thing I could say to that.  That explained how she knew I would be here earlier this morning.  “Can you do anything extra, Edward?” I asked, I loved how his name came out of my mouth.  He smiled up at me and I looked at him and couldn’t help but smile at him.  Then before he could answer me my cell phone rang.  I looked at the caller id and it said it was Felix, I knew if I didn’t answer it they would come looking for me.  “I have to get this or I’ll be in a heap of trouble when I get back.”  They both shook their heads at me, I could see pain in Edwards eyes, I didn’t like that I was putting it there.  I answered my phone a little bit to rough.

    “Hello, Felix what do you want?”

    “Hey, are you ok?  I can’t find you, I’ve been looking for you since yesterday.  Were are you?”  he asked.

    “I’m fine, I told you I needed some time to think.  I’m sorry Felix you’ll just have to give that time.  Just know that I am ok”

“Ok, don’t forget the ball is in two days. Love you”  He said to me, I shook my head no and thought no you don’t.  Edwards head whipped up and he smiled at me.  I must have let my shield down again.  He must be able to read minds like Aro, but without touching you.  I would have to keep watch on my shield more closely.

    “I know that Felix, let me think, Ok.  I will be back in time for the ball.  Don’t worry about me. Bye!”

    “Bye, Izzy!” I hung up as soon as he said this because Edwards face was so angry.

    “What did he just call you?  Izzy is not your name.” he roared.  I took two steps back.  I want to leave right now, your scaring me.  I thought after letting my shield down. It took him a minute but his face went back to normal.

    “I’m so sorry, it’s just that he took you away from me.  He has no right to call you by a nick name, even if it is that.  You go by Bella, not Izzy or Isabella.  Just Bella.  You asked Alice to tell you what happened, I will tell you if you still want to know?” he asked.  I shook my head yes and he went on. “It was the day before our wedding and you were at your dad’s and I went out with the guys, somehow Alice didn’t see what was going to happen, even though you kept dreaming it.  Felix and Jane came and took you away, they kidnapped you.  You were supposed to marry me, be with me not Felix.  I’ve missed like crazy Bella.  They took you from me, I want you back, I need you back.” He said crying.  I wanted to make him feel better, I want to go over there and hug him and hold him.  I thought.  “Come over here then, if that is what you want.” he whispered, I had done it again, I let my shield down.  “It feels weird to be able to hear you, I couldn’t hear your thoughts even when you were human.”   He started to walk towards me, but I stopped him. 

    “I’m sorry I don’t remember anything.  I’m sorry I hurt you, but I don’t even remember you.  I don’t know how to fix it, I wish I could.  I want to remember everything.  I can answer one of your questions though.  You were wondering why Alice didn’t see what was going to happen to me, well before I was taken to Voltera, a new member joined her name is Adrian.  She can nullify special gifts.  Well some special gifts, I don’t know how it works but she can’t do that to me.  I’m the only one though!” 

As I was saying this he was walking closer to me.  I let him, I wanted him to do this, as soon as I thought this he smiled at me again.  He walked right up to me, then whispered my name, “Bella”.  Then he took his hand and brushed it across my face, I felt so much love coarse through me, I couldn’t take it anymore.  I ran!  I ran all the way back to that meadow, I knew he was following me, so I stopped.  I wanted to know about this place too.

“What is this place to us?” I asked him.  He was standing behind me.

    “Do you remember it?”

    “Not really, I just know I’ve been here before and just now I got a glimpse of why.” 

    “Yeah, it means something to us, it’s our meadow.  It’s where I first told you what you mean to me.  Bella please let me just hold you. Please?” he begged again.  I just stood there.  He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, he placed his head on top of mine.  By then my breathing had already speed up and I knew I had to get away.  So I turned and looked up at him. He bent his head down and went to kiss me, but I moved, so he kissed me on my cheek.  That made it worse, now I wanted to kiss him.  He smiled at me again, “then let me” he whispered.

    “I can’t” I whispered back.

    “Why not?  Are you scared?  Don’t be scared of me, Bella.  I love you!”

    “No I’m not scared of you, I’m scared of what I will feel.  Plus, how do I know your not lying to me?   How do I know that this isn’t a trick?  How would I know?”

    “What is your heart telling you?” he countered my questions.

  I looked up at him and seen the truth, not my memories, but still the truth.  He took a step closer to me and wrapped his arms around me again, I let him hold me for a minute and I started crying again. I knew what my heart was telling me.  But, I also knew if I let him kiss me, I wouldn’t want to leave and I knew I had to.  I saw the sadness touch his eye’s when I thought this.

“I really need to work on keeping that up around you.”  I said trying to make him smile again, it worked for a second.  I smiled at him and reached up and touched his face this time, something I had wanted to do since I first saw the pictures.  “I’ve wanted to do that for a while now.  Edward could I ask you something?”

    “Sure, what do you want to know?”

    “In one of the pictures that one of your family slipped me, I was wearing a ring, I’m guessing it was your ring.  What happened to it?  Every time I look at the picture, I can’t help but think how beautiful it is.”

    “It’s in my pocket, where it has been since the night they took you.  So is the last journal page you wrote that night, you left me a clue on it about what was happening.  You were always so brave!  I’ve missed you every day, every minute, and every second you have been gone.  Don’t go back, stay with me.  Please.”

I wrapped my arms around him and held him this time, I laid my head on his chest and sighed.  I knew that this was were I belonged, but I had to go back. 

“Could I see the ring and that piece of paper?” I asked him.

    “Of course they are yours.”  he dug out the paper first.  I read it

My dearest Edward,

I know I’ve told you this a million times, but I love you.  There isn’t anything that could ever change that.  Always know that I am here, for you and with you.  Never forget this!  I give you my heart, my soul, my life.

Forever yours,
Your Bella, tomorrow, I’ll be your wife!


Felix, Jane!

There was a clue on the bottom.  They had taken me, oh my god!  I had my hand to my mouth the whole time reading the note.  It was true then, I didn’t belong in Voltera or with Felix, I belonged right here with Edward, My Edward.  It didn’t matter right now though, I needed to get my answers from Aro and Felix, I was angry now!  I looked up at Edward and he rubbed my arms.  He took out the ring from the box in his pocket and got down on one knee,

    “Isabella Marie Swan, will you marry me?” he asked.  I had a flash of a memory come back to me of him saying this to me before, I just froze in my place wide eyed “Bella, are you ok?” I shook my head yes.  “What’s the matte?” I couldn’t answer that yet.  I just stood there for a long time.  I let the memory flood my mind and I let my shield down so he could see it, he was smiling the whole time.  “It’s starting to come back to you.  You just needed to be around people you knew!” He bent down to kiss me and this time I let him, at first it was very genital, then I couldn’t help it, I wanted so much more!  I threw myself into the kiss and he also let his guard down, we stood there in our meadow kissing like that for what seemed like forever.  I pulled away first, because another memory hit me.  Of him kissing me for the first time and it making me dizzy!  I bust out laughing.

    “Edward, I really have to leave, but first I need to tell you something.  Every since I woke up for the last time, I have felt this weird pull towards something that I didn’t know or understand.  I didn’t know how to figure it out either.  But, now I know that, that pull was you and our love for each other, it is like the love didn’t want to be forgotten, it’s like it fought for me to remember it.  Edward, I have to go back!  I want to know what happened to me.  To my memory and every other detail.  Come to the ball!  I will see you there, I promise.  Oh yah, yes.” I kissed him on his cheek and ran off towards my car.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More