Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 4, 2011

Broken Sun Chapter 28 - Our Final Destination








Chapter 28 - Our Final Destination



We were in the car only for thirty minutes, we made it to the airport and got cheeked in and then got on our plane.  Edward still was keeping everything a secret about the honeymoon so I was so anxious and not just about where we were going.  The first class seats were comfy though, we didn’t let go of each others hands the whole flight, we were on the first plane for two hours then we got off and got on another one.  When we got to the desk to check in for our next flight the lady at the counter said something about Rio.  I looked up at Edward and he just smiled. 

    “Rio?” I asked.

    “Just the next stop on our journey, love.” he said still smiling.

    “Ok.” That was all I could say.

This flight was a lot longer, if I was still human I would have been asleep by the time we took off, but since I’m not, we just sat there and talked about everything that had happened.  I mean everything, from the time I first saw him till now.  I was beginning to remember a lot of it now, even though Edward had to tell me some of it.  I loved talking to him and being held by him.  He was my whole world!  I finally felt whole again, now that I was with him.  I didn’t want him to let go ever, but as soon as I thought this the plane was going down to land.  When we got to Rio it was still dark.  We got into a taxi and the taxi driver drove us to a dock, there were tones of boat tied up to the dock.  We got out of the taxi cab and headed down the docks, Edward kept looking back at me excitedly like a little kid on Christmas. 

I laughed at him and he started laughing as well.  He jumped into a smaller boat that was clearly  built for speed and then jumped back out and grabbed the luggage and then jumped back in then back out he was really making me laugh now.  He grabbed me up in his arms and he jumped back in.  He sat me down on my feet then he took off, he looked so professional doing this.  He knew exactly how to get the boat prepared.  I never knew he knew how to do all of this.  In matter of minutes we were off on the ocean.  The journey to where ever we were going took a while, I just watched the water and the moon shinning off of it.  It was so beautiful.  I was getting a little anxious again so I had to ask, like a little child.

    “Are we there yet?” he smiled and said almost.  I laughed at myself.

I sat there for a while longer until I heard Edward calling for me to come up to where he was standing.  I got up from my seat and headed towards him.  When I got up there, he pointed towards something in the water.

    “That’s where we are going.” he said, then I saw it.

It was an island, with a beach and palm fronds waving in the wind, Edward steered the boat towards the docks and we landed perfectly.

    “Where are we?” I whispered.  I couldn’t help it, it was so beautiful.

“We are at Isabella Isle.” he said.  I stared at him, why in the world was a island named after me? 

    “Edward, what did you do?” I asked.

    “Nothing.  It’s your wedding present from me.”  he looked down like a kid that had been scolded.  I laughed, he acted more like a kid today than I had ever seen him. 

    “You bought me an island for a wedding present?  Edward you never do anything small do you?” I asked.

    “Nope!” he smiled that crooked smile I loved.  I laughed at him again and he came over and picked me up in his arms again.  


We headed towards the middle of the island and there was a house with the lights already on.  I looked over at Edward and he had a huge smile on his face.  He opened the door and walked in, then sat me down on my feet. 

    “I’ll go get the luggage, then we can check out the house.”

    “Ok.”   I couldn’t believe he bought me an island and a house on that island for a wedding present.  Then I got a memory back, I hated getting presents.  When Edward walked in I just stared at him.  He looked over at me and stopped dead in his tracks.

    “Edward, you know I just remembered I hate presents.” he smiled and came over to me and hugged me.

    “Get over it!  Because I love to give them to you.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More