Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, October 4, 2013

Chasing Fire Chapter 14: The End of a Life. (Jake's POV)




Alright, so its time again for another chapter of Chasing Fire. This story is coming close to an end. I need to say please don't be angry with me over this one. I need to thank my new beta for this story.

Chapter 14: The End of a Life (Jake's POV)

This was the end, and I couldn't stop it.

I would never see her smiling face or hear her laughter again.


I would never get to give her the ring that was sitting in the side table next to our bed…at our place. I would never get to walk back into our place and see her standing in front of the stove, smiling at me as she burned dinner. Giving me that oops face of hers. I wouldn't get to see her walk down that aisle in a white dress or see our kids playing outside.

"Kiara, I love you." I whispered.

"Where are you taking me, Jake?" She begged to know.

"It's a surprise. If I tell you, it won't be anymore, so sit back and enjoy the ride, baby."

It was her birthday and I had it all planned out, picnic on the beach, wine and food all ready there waiting for us, thanks to Embry and Emily. Those two had been a godsend; I couldn't make it down to the beach in time to set everything up, so they did it for me. With having to work this morning, it was so hard to be two places at once, but with their help it all worked out.

Parking my truck, I got out and rushed around the front to open her door.

"Jake, this blindfold is the pits. Seriously, where are we?" she asked again, making me laugh. "Jacob Black, don't laugh at me." She pouted, making me laugh even more; she was so darn cute.
"Just relax and we will be there in a few seconds. "

Leading her down the path, I knew she could smell the water and hear it as well. Once she felt the small pebbles of the beach, she knew exactly where we were.

"Jake, why did you bring me to the beach?"

I didn't say a word to her, not even a whisper, instead I let go of her hand and had her stop right in front of the blanket laid out for us. I walked around her a few times, just to enjoy watching her fidget while she stood there feeling me watch her and then I came to a stop right behind her. Laying my hands on her shoulder, I leaned in to whisper into her cute little ears.

"Happy Birthday, baby." As I slid the blind fold away from her eyes.

She blinked a few times to let her eyes get accustomed to the light gleaming off the water.
"Aww… Wow, Jake, you are so sweet." Turning around and throwing her arms around my neck, she hugged me close and kissed me softly.

I could still feel her arms around me and her sweet lips against mine. Even now, I could hear her voice calling out to me and her infectious laughter that spread throughout our place every day. "That's the one thing I'll miss the most", I thought to myself.

Her laugh.

Her Lips.

Her hugs.

She was my everything. I was losing my everything.

"Bye, my love," I wheezed, fighting against the smoke as the fire hit my feet and lashed at my body. Succumbing to the pain, I closed my eyes, letting images of her fill my mind, letting the pain take over my every sense as I finally took my last breath.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More