Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, June 27, 2011

Broken Carousel Chapter 9



A/N: Hey everyone, here is the next chapter of Broken Carousel...I hope you like it! Remember I post this story almost every single day except on sat and sun.  The chapters are small so it doesn't take a lot of time to read it.  Thanks to those who have read and are leaving me comments.  Also thanks to Midas for helping me out with these last few chapters.  hehe.  ;) 

Chapter 9 ~ It’s Not A Race If You Take Too Many Pit Stops

The rental car was speeding away in the dark hours of the night… We had been driving for hours now and Kylie was already asleep in the passenger seat.  I was beginning to drift into a daze that’s when I realized it was time for us to find a hotel and call it a night.

It wasn’t the Hilton but it was decent enough for us to rest there for the night. The only person around was the desk clerk and he was nice enough to see us to the room and help us with what little belongings we had to bring in with us for the night.

We didn’t say much after we got changed and sat in our beds..  it was only ten minutes before she nodded off. Sitting on my bed with my legs all stretched out,  I was left thinking about the details from her story and what she had left out. I also was looking forward to what remained of our long trek to California. I was excited to travel to our new place and get out new life started.  I also had planned on making a few pit stops along the way….

I don’t remember falling asleep but something woke me from my slumber and I heard and saw through the light was loud screams of the word NO over and over.  Turning on the light next to my bed, what I saw scared me even more than I thought it could have.  Kylie was still on her bed luckily, bawled up in the fetal position crying in her sleep.  She wasn’t even awake yet.  Slowly I got off my bed to try and wake her up to calm her down, but instead of waking her up I got kicked in the face. 
                 
“DAMN IT KYLIE!” 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More