Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hidden Aria Prologue







Prologue



I remember that night more than any other night in my whole life so far.  My little brother was upstairs with my mom and my dad and I were downstairs playing hide and seek.  It was my turn to hide and I hid where I always did.  Under the stairs of our house was a little room, I always snuck in there and watched my dad through the little crack in the door.  I’d watch as he’d act like he had no clue where I was. I remember giggling, even that night, wondering how long he would act like he didn’t know.



Then it happened… the loud bang and the door flew open.  My dad’s face as he saw who it was at the door was forever burned into my brain.  His eyes cut to mine and he mouthed his last word to me…Stay.  I went to say something but he shook his head at me to stop.



Covering my mouth with my hands, I watched while silent tears trailed down my cheeks as he killed my daddy.  I watched as the green light came from his wand and those words crept from his mouth.  Avada Kedarva.  My daddy landed on the floor, not even having a chance to react.  A sob almost slipped from my lips as the man stepped over my father’s body and went up the stairs toward the rest of my family.



At six years old you would think I would have screamed, but I couldn’t.  I wanted to get out of there, but I had no idea where to go.  So I stayed there.  I watched and listened.  I saw another green light but this time it was different.  I heard a lot of noise, my mommy scream and then everyone ran out of the house.  And then I was left all alone.  Well I thought that, it didn’t take long till there was someone at our house.




This person headed straight up the stairs, to where my baby brother was crying.  I still didn’t move a muscle…or speak.  I was still in shock I guess.  I shrunk back as far as I could into the little hole under the stairs, making sure no one knew I was there.  I heard the person leave and realized they had my baby brother.



 It was quiet after that…way too quiet.  I peeked out of my little hole in the wall hiding spot and the first thing I saw again was my daddy looking at me, no life in his eyes at all.  The happiness that had just been visible on his face gone.  Slamming the door back, I stayed hidden for the rest of the night, curled up in a little ball.  Hidden away from view of anyone that might come back to finish what they had started.




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Sitting here on this wooden park bench staring off into the orange and pink morning sky, I tried to shake off the memories of that night, the very night I lost everything.  My mom, dad, and baby brother.  But most of all I lost my life as I knew it.  My life would never be the same.



Now as I sat here, I could watch him from a distance, never getting close enough to talk to him.  The one that I really would give anything to talk to.  To tell him my story, of who I was.  To tell him I’m sorry that I couldn’t help him.  But I wasn’t allowed.  If they knew I was here in the first place I would be yelled at.  Being yelled at by this particular person was torture…for me at least.



            “What are you doing here?” Busted…



            “Um… I want to…I want to talk to him.  Keeping me away from what’s actually left of my family is crazy.  I could help him…” I blurted out the same lines that I have said over a million times since I found out that he was still alive.



            “Aria listen to me, you can’t talk to him.  He can’t know you exist.  No one can know who you are.  Do you understand that?  You are too precious to lose…to me, to him…to our world.  You have to stay put and let him go for now.  Let him discover who you are on his own.  He has no clue he even has a sister and it has to stay that way for now.”



Huffing, I got up from the bench and sulked back into the shadows.  That’s what my life had become, shadows.  Shadows of my past and present merging together.  I hadn’t known the fate of my little brother till about two weeks ago.  I had thought he was dead and now that I know he’s alive I just wanted to talk to him.



I sulked as I appropriated and headed all the way back to the one place I actually felt safe.  A place that most people cringe at. A place that would make most people cringe. I’ve seen them, every time they pass the shreds of the life I once had they cringe.  The house was in shambles, but still half way standing.  What no one knew was that below the shambles, was a whole other place to live.



It was actually built by my dad, no one really knew about it that was still alive, except for the one that saved me from the house and two others.



I was a secret hidden away for my own protection and for my brothers.  They all thought the one that killed my family would come after me and use me to get to the only one left in my family.  My baby brother…Harry Potter.



I stopped in front of the house and just stared at what was left of a happy joyous family home.  It was my prison now.



Taking a deep breath and looking around making sure no one saw me, I headed into the back yard, over to my favorite tree in our backyard. I took out my wand I slowly swiped it over the tree bark up and down side to side two times.  As the last swipe went across a faint click sounded and the ground gave away to a flight of stairs leading down to my home.



Taking a deep breath I looked around to catch a pair of eyes looking at me.  It was a pair of eyes that I could stare at for years.  To say I was in love with the person that those very eyes belonged to was an understatement.  He was the one that saved me.  He had been taken from me and gone a very long time.  But he came back to me about a month ago and hasn’t left me much since. As he winked at me he walked on his way down the road.  Frowning I descended the stairs to my secret hideaway.  I was really hoping he was going to stay for dinner or just come in for a bit.  I missed having people to talk to.  I only had three people to talk to and I was craving company.



After watching the stairs close me in, I opened up the metal door and headed in.  Through a couple corridors I went straight to my room and threw myself on my bed.



My name is Arianna Lillian Potter, I’m nineteen and I’m the sister of the boy that lived.  But no one knows me like they know my brother.  I don’t exist…not yet anyway.  I have a destiny and I will live up to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More