Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Runaway Daughter Chapter 5: The Place Where I Belong









Chapter 5 ~ The Place Where I Belong


I headed back towards Caleb’s room and stopped outside his door.  I wanted to say something to him but I wanted it to be private, you know how it is, with a houseful of vampires, they can hear everything you say. 

So I thought to myself.  I love you so much Caleb.  I never want to leave your side.  There isn’t enough words in the English language to explain what you mean to me! I love you.  Within seconds he was out his bedroom door pulling me inside and to his couch.  We kissed, for a long time, it felt like what seemed like forever and then he pulled away. 

            “Arabella I love you more than you know.  I’ve never felt this way about anyone.  The other day you asked me a question that I never got a chance to answer so now I would like to tell you how I came to live with your father.  Is that okay?  I want you to know me.” He said this to me with passionate fire blazing in his eyes.


            “Alright, I want to know everything about you Caleb, so go ahead.” I told him. 

            “I was born in Italy, in 1983, my mom, dad and I were going to a family outing and all of the sudden a car plowed into us.  I was almost dead and was taken to the hospital.  When I got there I was laying on a cot and a doctor came in, that doctor was your father.” He paused waiting for my reaction, then went on with his story.

“He realized I was going to die from my injuries and told me he knew of a way to save me.  He told me my mom and dad where dead…I was seventeen years old almost eighteen at the time and I didn’t have any other family. He picked me up and took me back to his house.  He turned me into a vampire like him.  I don’t want to scare you right now with the details of the transformation so I’m not going to tell you how.” again he waited to make sure I was okay with what he was telling me, then went on.  

“When or if you decide to know, I’ll explain everything.  When I woke up your dad told me what I was and showed me how he lived.  I understood why he hunted the way he did and so that’s the way I hunt.  I asked Jonathan if I could stay with him,  he said yes of course.  We’ve been together ever since.  He told me about his Kathryn and about you.  I saw the pain in his eye’s when he talked about you.”

“Finding you and being around you has made him so happy, you don’t even know how happy he really is, you mean the world to him.  But after that Steven, Matthew, and Thomas came to live with us too.  Your father changed all of us.  He told us he feels like we were his kids and has always treated us with great respect and love.  But, he has always wanted you, and we all knew this.  That first day when I saw you, it felt like my heart started beating again and it hasn’t beat since 2001.  I know why you father loves you so much, your so easy to love.  I love you.  I just wish I could be with you forever.”

By the time he was finished speaking I was softly crying, he held me in his arms for a while.  Then he looked down at me.

            “I see you found your mothers ring!”  He said

            “Yeah, my dad showed it to me, I love it so much.” I told him smiling down at my ring. 


We finished the tour and he took me outside to show me something.  It was this amazing looking pool.  It looked so inviting.  I just wanted to jump right in.  He heard that and smiled down at me.

            “Go get changed and we will swim for a while, then we can watch a movie.”

            “How about we get the boys to come too?”  I suggested.

So we both headed back to the house.  I went up to my room and into my closet I found twenty different bathing suites.  I put on a brown bikini with pink polka dots,  I took of my necklace and ring and put them away,  then pulled my hair up and grabbed a towel. 

I walked down the stairs and they all just starred at me.  I smiled and blushed and walked out the back door with them still starring at me.  I got to the pool first, I laid my towel on a beach lounge chair, and jumped in.  The water was perfect.  All of the sudden in a blur the guys jumped in and diapered under the water.  They didn’t come back up.  I got a little worried then all of the sudden I was flying threw the air and landed with a huge splash.  I came back up and started laughing. 

They all were rolling with laughter then I heard my dad laughing too.  I smiled up at him as he jumped in.  It was so much fun swimming with them.  They didn’t have to come up for air because they didn’t have to breath. 

My dad explained all this with me laying on a beach lounge while they splashed me with the water.  They acted like big kids, I loved it!  I felt so happy.  It started getting dark and we all went back in.  I told them I would meet them in the theater in about an hour.

 They all laughed at how long it would take, mumbling something about girls taking forever just to get ready to watch a movie.  I went to my room took off the bathing suite and took a hot bath.  I got out brushed my teeth put on another cute pair of pajama’s. 

They were a pair of paints and a tank top.  They were both blue with little monkey’s on them,  I pulled up my hair and headed back down stairs.  I went to the kitchen for a snack and Caleb was there, I walked over to the fridge and got out some ice cream I had bought the other day when we went to the store.  It was a pint of Cookie’s n Cream, my favorite.  I walked out and to the theater room, with Caleb right behind me. 

I walked in and my dad and the boy’s were in there.

            “Show the little monkey here the storage area, she’ll love that.  I mean it’s there for her, we don’t eat it.  But maybe since she has ice cream she won’t want it.” Thomas said smiling at me.

My dad smiled at him and said “Maybe after the ice cream then, huh”  I looked up to him opening two doors on the side wall.  All the shelf’s was stocked with ever kind of candy I had ever seen.  All I could do was stare opened mouth and whispered Chocolate.  They all laughed at that. 

I picked a seat in the second row of theater chairs, the kind that reclined,  Caleb came over to sit next to me.  I started to eat my ice cream and had to stop,  my dad had sat next to the boy’s in the front row  and slapped Thomas in the back of the head.  Then my dad turned around to look at me.

            “I’m sitting here to keep them in line, you have no idea the stuff they will do when your trying to pay attention to a movie.”  I couldn’t help but laugh.

            “I can only imagine,”  was all I said.

            “Hey, we aren’t that bad,”  Steven said to me.  While I laughed at his wounded face.

We watched Twilight again, the surround sound was crazy in there.  I moved down in my seat and watched it all unfold again.  I ate my ice cream and about half way through the movie,  I went over to get some Peanut butter cups, also my favorite.  I told Caleb how much I loved this movie.  He said I know.  When we finished, I told Caleb I wanted to be alone for a while, he said OK.

I went up to my room to pack to go back to my other house.  I knew in my heart that this was were I belonged and I didn’t want to leave.  But I knew I would have to. I picked out a couple of outfits to take with me, my picture of my mom, dad, and me, my I pod, and the souvenirs I bought everyone.   Then I sat down at my desk and finished some home work I needed to finish.  When I was done I was so tired, I climbed into my bed and fell asleep quickly.

The next morning, Caleb woke me up with breakfast in bed.  Pancakes, fresh strawberries and Orange juice.  He was so sweet to me, I couldn’t believe he chose me.  I was so lucky.

            “No I’m the lucky one, silly!” He said, touching the tip of my nose with the tip of his finger.

            “ You know I won’t get to see you again today?  I’m so going to miss you!”  I told him.

            “I know, I’ll miss you too.  I could always sneak through your window and come and see you!”

            “Will you please?  I don’t want to go all day with out seeing you,”  I scrunched my way onto his lap and in his arms.

            “Sure, I’ll come over and kiss you goodnight.”  He smiled down at me and kissed the top of my head.  It always gave me goose bumps when he did this.

            “ When am I supposed to be there?”  I asked.

            “ By one o’clock.” He told me.  “ I was thinking, we could head to the mall and get something’s for your room there, to make it a little more comfortable.  I don’t want to see you uncomfortable, and sad.  I want you to always have what you want.  I saw you were already packed to go home, what did you pack?”  He asked me.  He looked at me like he knew it was very minimal.

            “ Well a couple of outfits, my I Pod, A picture of my mom, dad and me, the souvenirs, that’s about it.  If I go lugging a bunch of stuff in, they are bound to get suspicious.”

            “I don’t care what they think.  Neither should you.  I want you to be happy! Let’s go.”  With that he left me to get dressed.  I did, in just a pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt and a pair of sneakers.  I grabbed my purse and my stuff to take home and headed out my door.

  I stopped at the stairs and put my stuff down.  I walked down the hall to my dads room and knocked on the door.  I heard him say come in sweetie,  I walked in his room, it was just as large as mine, but in a brown color.  I found him sitting at his desk and he smiled up at me.

            “Getting ready to go?”

            “Yeah”  He could tell I didn’t want to.  I tried to smile at him but burst into tears and ran over into his open arms.  He held me for a while.  Then Caleb knocked on the door.  My father let him in and Caleb seen the tears in my eye’s.  He looked at my dad.

            “ I’m taking her shopping for a couple of hours till she has to go home.  I thought maybe she could get some things to make her room there a little more comfortable.  What do you think?”

            “ I think that is a wonderful idea!  Good thinking Caleb!”  He said with a smile for me.  “ You remember what I told you about that black thing in your purse, use it!”  I just smiled at him.  “If they say anything to you at home about it, they were gifts, you go and have fun!  Now before you leave you have to do something for me!”

            “What is that dad?”  I asked

            “Tell me that thing that makes me smile,”

            “I love you daddy!  Thank you.”  I said hugging him, begging him with all my might not to let go.  But I knew I had to. 

We took both of our cars and headed toward the mall.  When we got there we went to Sears and got me a new bed and all new bedding.  Blue silk just like at my dads.  I got new towels for myself, new book shelf and a new computer.  I got some cloths to keep there and shoes.  I got more bath and body works to stay there as well.  I got some picture frames and candles, and I got some more school stuff.  Then I was finished.  We put everything in the cars and I stopped to eat lunch at McDonalds.  Then we both headed towards my other house.  That’s what it was to me now just a house.  My home was with my dad.  Where it would always be from now on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More